Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dessert that is perfect for parties, tea time or just a quick snack? Look no further than this gluten-free lemon drizzle cake recipe! This cake is bursting with citrus flavor and is made with gluten-free ingredients that everyone can enjoy. Plus, it’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the almond milk. Mix until just combined. Stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the lemon drizzle. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Once the cake is done, let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze over the cooled cake and serve.
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 47g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 34g
- Protein: 3g
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Total time: 50-55 minutes
- 8-inch cake pan
- Mixing bowls
- Cooking spray
This lemon drizzle cake is perfect for any occasion, from tea time to parties. Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee for a delicious treat.
If you want to switch up the flavors, try adding different types of citrus zest or juice, such as lime or orange. You can also add in some poppy seeds for a little crunch.
If you don’t have unsweetened almond milk, you can use any type of milk or milk alternative. You can also substitute the gluten-free flour blend with regular flour if you don’t need a gluten-free option.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the cake for up to 3 months.
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before starting the recipe.
- Don’t overmix the batter or your cake may turn out tough.
- If you want the glaze to be thicker, add more powdered sugar. If you want it to be thinner, add more lemon juice.
This recipe is gluten-free, but make sure to double-check all of your ingredients to make sure they are also gluten-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute the almond milk with another type of milk?
Yes, you can use any type of milk or milk alternative in this recipe.
Can I make this recipe with regular flour instead of gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can substitute the gluten-free flour blend with regular flour if you don’t need a gluten-free option.
How do I know when the cake is done baking?
Insert a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If it comes out with batter on it, bake the cake for a few more minutes and check again.
This gluten-free lemon drizzle cake recipe is a delicious and healthy dessert that everyone can enjoy. It’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Try it out for yourself and enjoy a burst of citrus in every bite!