If you’re looking for a cake recipe that’s easy to make and will satisfy your sweet tooth, then look no further than this golden syrup cake recipe! Made with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry, this cake is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, hosting a dinner party, or just looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with your afternoon coffee, this cake is sure to please.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup of golden syrup
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease an 8-inch cake pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the golden syrup, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
One slice of this golden syrup cake contains approximately:
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 22g
This golden syrup cake takes about 25-30 minutes to bake in the oven.
- 8-inch cake pan
- Wire rack
This golden syrup cake is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
If you want to switch things up, try adding some chopped nuts or dried fruit to the batter for some extra texture and flavor.
- If you don’t have golden syrup, you can use honey or maple syrup instead.
- If you don’t have unsalted butter, you can use salted butter and omit the salt from the recipe.
- If you don’t have all-purpose flour, you can use cake flour or self-rising flour instead.
This golden syrup cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Make sure your butter is softened before you start making the cake batter.
- Don’t overmix the batter or your cake may turn out tough.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing into it.
This recipe makes one 8-inch cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is golden syrup?
Golden syrup is a thick, amber-colored syrup that’s made from sugar cane. It has a sweet, caramel-like flavor and is commonly used in British baking.
Can I use a different size cake pan?
You can use a different size cake pan, but you may need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
This golden syrup cake recipe is one of my favorites because it’s so easy to make and tastes amazing. The golden syrup gives the cake a delicious caramel flavor that’s perfectly balanced with the sweetness of the cake. I love serving this cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce. If you’re looking for a simple yet impressive cake recipe, then give this one a try!