It’s that time of the year again, the day we all eagerly wait for, our birthday! It’s a day where we get to feel extra special and showered with love and blessings from our loved ones. While there are many ways to celebrate this special day, one of the best ways is to start it off with a prayer and a delicious meal. In this blog post, we’ll be sharing a recipe for a mouth-watering dish that you can make to celebrate your birthday in style. So, let’s get cooking!
- 1 lb. of your favorite pasta
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Once the pasta is cooked, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
- Add the pasta to the skillet with the garlic and red pepper flakes and toss to coat.
- Add the reserved pasta water, parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley to the skillet and toss again to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Total Time: 30 minutes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Pot for cooking pasta
- Large skillet
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
This dish pairs perfectly with a side salad and garlic bread. You can also serve it with grilled chicken or shrimp for some added protein.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add some roasted cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, or chopped spinach to the dish for some extra flavor and nutrition.
If you don’t have parmesan cheese, you can use any other hard cheese like pecorino romano or asiago. You can also use any type of pasta you like, such as spaghetti, penne, or linguine.
This dish can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply microwave or heat in a skillet with some additional olive oil.
- Be sure to reserve some of the pasta water as it helps to create a creamy sauce when added to the skillet.
- For a spicier dish, add more red pepper flakes.
- Use fresh garlic for the best flavor.
This dish is not only delicious but also easy to make. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal or for celebrating your special day in style. Don’t forget to say a prayer of thanks before enjoying your meal!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dish ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Simply reheat in a skillet or microwave before serving.
Can I use dried parsley instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use dried parsley, but the fresh parsley adds a brighter flavor to the dish.
Can I use vegetable oil instead of olive oil?
Yes, you can use any type of oil you like, but olive oil adds a delicious flavor to the dish.
There’s no better way to celebrate your birthday than with a delicious meal and a prayer of thanks. This simple yet flavorful pasta dish is perfect for the occasion and can be easily customized to your liking. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try and let us know how it turns out!