The countdown has begun, and it’s time to bid adieu to the old year and welcome the new one with open arms. And what better way to celebrate the occasion than with a delicious and gorgeous Happy New Year Cake Com! Packed with flavor, color, and festive cheer, this cake is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s faces. So, let’s get baking and ring in the new year with a bang!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted food colors (preferably in shades of gold, silver, and black)
- Edible glitter and sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients and buttermilk mixture alternately to the butter mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter into 3 or 4 bowls (depending on how many colors you want to use), and tint each bowl of batter with a different food color.
- Using a small spoon or spatula, drop spoonfuls of each colored batter into the prepared cake pan, alternating colors and spreading the batter out as you go.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with edible glitter and sprinkles, if desired, and serve.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 6g
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 45-50 minutes
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wire rack
This Happy New Year Cake Com is perfect for any New Year’s Eve or Day celebration. Serve it with a glass of champagne or sparkling cider to really get into the festive spirit. You can also top it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent treat.
Variations and Substitutions
If you want to switch things up a bit, you can try using different food colors to match your party’s color scheme. You can also add in some chopped nuts or dried fruits to the batter for added texture and flavor. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for a few minutes.
Store any leftover cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.
Tips and Notes
- Make sure to measure your ingredients accurately for best results.
- Don’t overmix the batter, or your cake may be tough and dry.
- If you’re using edible glitter or sprinkles, make sure they’re labeled as food-grade and safe for consumption.
- For a smoother batter, you can sift the dry ingredients together before adding them to the wet ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different size or shape of cake pan?
Yes, you can use a different size or shape of cake pan, but you may need to adjust the baking time accordingly. Just keep an eye on the cake and test it with a toothpick to know when it’s done.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time and store it in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to serve it. Just make sure to wrap it tightly and thaw it completely before serving.
Can I use regular milk instead of buttermilk?
You can, but the buttermilk adds a tangy flavor and tender texture to the cake that regular milk won’t provide. If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to 1 cup of milk and letting it sit for a few minutes.
This Happy New Year Cake Com is not only delicious but also a feast for the eyes. The colorful layers and sparkling decorations make it the perfect centerpiece for any New Year’s celebration. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste and style. So, go ahead and give it a try – I guarantee it will be a hit with your guests and loved ones. Happy New Year!