It’s that time of the year again when we can indulge in all the holiday treats we desire. One of the most iconic desserts that always makes an appearance during the holiday season is the Yule Log. And we have the perfect recipe for you – the Holiday Baking Championship Yule Log recipe! This recipe is sure to impress your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth. So, let’s get baking!
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and grease a 12×17 inch rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the vegetable oil, water, and vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched with your finger.
- While the cake is still warm, dust a clean kitchen towel with powdered sugar.
- Invert the cake onto the towel and carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Roll the cake up in the towel, starting from the short end, and let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Unroll the cooled cake and spread the raspberry jam over the surface.
- Spoon the whipped cream over the jam and spread it evenly.
- Roll the cake back up tightly and transfer it to a serving platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrates: 29g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 12×17 inch rimmed baking sheet
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Clean kitchen towel
- Serving platter
Serve the Yule Log with a cup of hot cocoa or coffee for a cozy holiday treat. You can also add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.
You can switch up the flavor of the Yule Log by using different types of jam or fruit preserves. You can also add chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the whipped cream filling for added texture.
If you don’t have raspberry jam, you can use any other flavor of jam or fruit preserves. You can also substitute the heavy cream with whipped coconut cream for a dairy-free option.
The Yule Log can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to grease the baking sheet well to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Be gentle when rolling the cake to prevent it from cracking.
- Refrigerate the Yule Log for at least 30 minutes before serving to make it easier to slice.
This recipe is adapted from the Food Network’s Holiday Baking Championship Yule Log recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I freeze the Yule Log?
- Can I use a different type of flour?
- Can I use a different type of jam?
Yes, you can freeze the Yule Log before dusting it with powdered sugar and adding the raspberries. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
You can use cake flour or gluten-free flour as a substitute for all-purpose flour.
Yes, you can use any flavor of jam or fruit preserves that you like.
The Holiday Baking Championship Yule Log recipe is a festive and delicious dessert that is perfect for the holiday season. The combination of rich chocolate cake, tart raspberry jam, and fluffy whipped cream is a match made in heaven. The recipe is easy to follow and yields impressive results that are sure to impress your guests. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try for your next holiday gathering!