Carrot cake is a classic dessert loved by many. It’s moist, flavorful, and can be made in various ways. One of the ways to make a carrot cake is by using a bundt pan. But how long should you bake it for? Let’s find out!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat the sugar, oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the shredded carrots and chopped walnuts, if using.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar or frost with your favorite frosting (optional).
- Slice and serve!
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/12 of cake)
- Calories: 485
- Total Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 51g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Total Sugars: 34g
- Protein: 6g
The cake should be baked for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon or electric mixer
- Bundt pan
- Wire rack
You can serve the cake as is, or dust it with powdered sugar, or frost it with your favorite frosting. It goes well with a cup of coffee or tea.
You can add raisins, pineapple, or coconut to the batter for extra flavor and texture. You can also use different frosting flavors such as cream cheese, vanilla, or chocolate.
You can use different nuts instead of walnuts such as pecans or almonds. You can also use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar for a richer flavor.
You can store the cake at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to grease the bundt pan well to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overmix the batter or the cake will be tough.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- You can add more or less cinnamon depending on your preference.
Carrot cake is a versatile dessert that can be made in various ways. Using a bundt pan gives it a beautiful shape that can be sliced and served with ease. It’s perfect for any occasion such as birthdays, holidays, or just because. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this cake without nuts?
Yes, you can omit the nuts or use a different type of nut if you prefer.
Can I use a different type of pan?
Yes, you can use a different type of pan such as a 9×13-inch baking dish or two 9-inch round cake pans. Adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use a different type of oil such as canola, sunflower, or coconut oil. Just make sure it’s a neutral-tasting oil.
Carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts, and making it in a bundt pan adds a touch of elegance to it. This recipe is easy to make and yields a delicious cake that can be enjoyed by all. The combination of cinnamon, shredded carrots, and chopped walnuts creates a wonderful flavor and texture that is hard to resist. I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do!