Are you looking for a quick and easy way to make a delicious pumpkin pie? Look no further! This recipe will show you how to make a perfect pumpkin pie with a frozen pie crust. It’s the perfect dessert for Thanksgiving or any other occasion. Let’s get started!
- 1 frozen pie crust, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the thawed pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrates: 48g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 9-inch pie dish
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
Serve the pumpkin pie with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. You can also serve it with a cup of coffee or tea.
You can add a tablespoon of vanilla extract or a tablespoon of maple syrup to the pumpkin mixture for extra flavor. You can also add a cup of chopped pecans or walnuts to the filling for a crunchy texture.
- You can use homemade pie crust instead of a frozen pie crust.
- You can use evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed milk.
- You can use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
You can store the pumpkin pie in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh.
- Make sure the pie crust is thawed before using it.
- You can use a fork to make decorative edges on the pie crust.
- Let the pie cool completely before slicing it.
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours before serving for best results.
This recipe makes one 9-inch pumpkin pie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this pumpkin pie ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this pumpkin pie ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I freeze this pumpkin pie?
Yes, you can freeze this pumpkin pie for up to 2 months. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing it.
Can I use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree?
No, you cannot use pumpkin pie filling instead of pumpkin puree. Pumpkin pie filling already has sugar and spices added to it, which will affect the taste and texture of the pie.
Making a pumpkin pie with a frozen pie crust is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious dessert. This recipe is perfect for beginners or anyone who wants to save time in the kitchen. The pumpkin pie is creamy, flavorful, and perfectly spiced. I love serving it with a dollop of whipped cream and a cup of coffee. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie today!