Are you looking for a delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion? Look no further than an orange bundt cake! This dessert is moist, flavorful, and easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any oranges you have lying around. In this article, we will take you through all the steps to make the perfect orange bundt cake.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (about 2 medium oranges)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-cup Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in the orange juice and zest until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Mix in the vanilla extract until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Servings: 12 | Calories: 235 | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Carbohydrates: 34g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 22g | Protein: 3g | Sodium: 189mg
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes | Total Time: 50-55 minutes
- 10-cup Bundt pan
- Mixing bowls
- Mixer or whisk
- Wire rack
This orange bundt cake is delicious on its own, but if you want to take it to the next level, you can add a glaze or frosting. A simple glaze made with powdered sugar and orange juice would be perfect. You could also top it with whipped cream or serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you want to switch up the flavor profile of this cake, you could try adding different extracts or spices. For example, you could add almond extract instead of vanilla or cinnamon to the batter. You could also add chopped nuts or dried fruit to the batter for some extra texture.
- If you don’t have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. Let it sit for 5 minutes before using.
- If you don’t have fresh oranges, you can use bottled orange juice and store-bought orange zest.
- If you’re looking for a healthier option, you could try using whole wheat flour or a sugar substitute like Stevia.
This cake will keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. You could also store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Make sure to grease your Bundt pan well to avoid sticking.
- Don’t overmix the batter, or your cake will be tough. Mix until just combined.
- If your cake is browning too quickly in the oven, you can cover it with foil for the last 10-15 minutes of baking.
This recipe makes a 10-cup Bundt cake, but you could easily double it to make a larger cake. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I freeze this cake?
- Can I use a different type of citrus?
- Can I make this cake in a different type of pan?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil before freezing. Thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
Yes, you could use lemons, limes, or even grapefruit instead of oranges in this recipe.
Yes, you could make this cake in a regular 9×13-inch pan or two 8-inch round cake pans. Just adjust the baking time accordingly.
This orange bundt cake is one of my favorite desserts to make. It’s always a hit with my family and friends, and it’s so easy to customize with different flavors and toppings. I love how moist and flavorful it is, and the orange zest adds such a nice brightness to the cake. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!
This orange bundt cake is a moist and flavorful dessert that is perfect for any occasion. It’s easy to make and uses fresh orange juice and zest for a bright and citrusy flavor. You can customize it with different toppings and flavors for a dessert that is truly your own. Try it out for yourself and see how delicious it is!