Are you looking for a delicious pumpkin pie recipe without sweetened condensed milk? Look no further! Our recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require any hard-to-find ingredients. Plus, it’s perfect for those who are lactose-intolerant or simply don’t enjoy the taste of sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 9-inch pie crust
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until the filling is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 22g
Saturated Fat: 11g
Total Carbohydrates: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55-65 minutes
- Large mixing bowl
- 9-inch pie dish
Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
For a twist on the classic recipe, try adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract or using maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use half-and-half or whole milk instead. If you don’t have pumpkin puree, you can make your own by roasting a pumpkin and pureeing the flesh in a food processor or blender.
Store leftover pumpkin pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to use real pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Blind baking the pie crust before adding the filling will ensure a crisp crust.
- If the edges of the crust start to brown too quickly, cover them with foil to prevent burning.
This recipe makes one 9-inch pie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the pie a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Can I freeze this pumpkin pie?
Yes, you can freeze the pie for up to 2 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
Can I use a store-bought pie crust?
Yes, you can use a store-bought pie crust instead of making your own.
This pumpkin pie recipe without sweetened condensed milk is a perfect alternative for those who want to enjoy the flavors of pumpkin pie without the added sweetness. The brown sugar and spices give the pie a warm, comforting flavor that is perfect for fall. I encourage you to try this recipe out for yourself and share it with your friends and family!