Are you longing for a dessert that is both delicious and visually appealing? Look no further than ice cream yule log stores! This dessert is perfect for any occasion, from holiday gatherings to summer barbecues. With its creamy texture and sweet flavor, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
But why settle for a plain old yule log when you can upgrade it with ice cream? Not only does it add a unique twist to the classic dessert, but it also makes it perfect for hot summer days. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the batter onto it. Spread it evenly using a spatula.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cake is fully cooked.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it soften for a few minutes.
- Spread the vanilla ice cream over the cake, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Add a layer of chocolate chips on top of the vanilla ice cream.
- Add the chocolate ice cream on top of the chocolate chips, again leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Roll the cake up, starting at one end and using the parchment paper to help you roll it tightly.
- Wrap the log tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat until fully combined.
- Remove the log from the freezer and unwrap it. Place it on a serving platter.
- Cover the log with the whipped cream and use a fork to create a bark-like texture.
- Decorate with additional chocolate chips or other toppings of your choice.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer until ready to serve.
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated fat: 13g
Total time: 2 hours and 45 minutes (including freezing time)
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Plastic wrap
- Serving platter
Ice cream yule log stores are perfect for any occasion, from holiday gatherings to summer barbecues. Serve it with additional toppings such as whipped cream, fresh berries, or chocolate sauce for an extra indulgent treat.
Experiment with different ice cream flavors to create your own unique twist on this classic dessert. Try using mint chocolate chip ice cream or strawberry ice cream for a fun and fruity twist. You can also add in different mix-ins like chopped nuts or caramel sauce to add even more flavor and texture.
- You can use any type of ice cream you prefer, including non-dairy options like coconut or almond-based ice cream.
- If you don’t have cocoa powder, you can use melted chocolate instead.
- If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use whipped topping or coconut cream instead.
- If you don’t have chocolate chips, you can use chopped chocolate or other candy pieces.
Store any leftover ice cream yule log stores in the freezer, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap. It will keep for up to 1 week in the freezer.
- Make sure to let the ice cream soften slightly before spreading it on the cake to make it easier to work with.
- Use the parchment paper to help you roll the cake tightly for the best results.
- For a more festive look, decorate the log with powdered sugar or edible glitter.
This recipe makes 8-10 servings depending on how thick you slice the log.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the ice cream yule log stores up to 2 days ahead of time and store it in the freezer until ready to serve.
Can I use store-bought cake mix instead of making my own?
Yes, you can use a boxed cake mix instead of making your own. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the box and adjust the baking time as needed.
Can I use different types of ice cream?
Yes, you can use any type of ice cream you prefer, including non-dairy options like coconut or almond-based ice cream. Just make sure to use the same amount of ice cream as the recipe calls for.
Ice cream yule log stores are the perfect dessert for any occasion. They are easy to make, visually appealing, and delicious. The combination of chocolate cake and ice cream is a match made in heaven, and the whipped cream topping adds the perfect finishing touch. So why not give this recipe a try? Your taste buds will thank you!