Are you looking for a way to add some sweetness to your gingerbread man cookies? Look no further than this delicious icing recipe that will take your cookies to the next level. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll have the perfect icing for your gingerbread man cookies in no time.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- If desired, add a few drops of food coloring until the desired color is achieved.
- Using a piping bag or a small spoon, decorate your gingerbread man cookies with the icing.
- Allow the icing to dry completely before serving or storing.
1 serving (1 tablespoon) of icing contains:
- Calories: 50
- Total Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 13g
- Sugars: 13g
- Protein: 0g
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Small bowl
- Piping bag or small spoon
Enjoy your gingerbread man cookies with a glass of milk or hot cocoa for the ultimate holiday treat.
You can add different flavors to your icing by substituting the vanilla extract with almond extract, peppermint extract, or any other extract of your choice.
If you don’t have powdered sugar, you can make your own by blending granulated sugar in a blender or food processor until it becomes powdery.
Store your gingerbread man cookies with the icing in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Make sure your gingerbread man cookies are completely cooled before icing them.
- If you’re using a piping bag, use a small round tip for more control over your icing.
- If your icing is too thick, add more milk until it reaches the desired consistency.
This icing recipe can also be used for other types of cookies, cakes, and cupcakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this icing ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this icing up to 2 days in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Allow it to come to room temperature before using.
Can I freeze cookies with this icing?
No, it’s not recommended to freeze cookies with this icing as it may become watery when thawed.
Can I use skim milk instead of whole milk?
Yes, you can use any type of milk you prefer. Keep in mind that the fat content may affect the consistency of the icing.
This icing recipe is the perfect addition to my gingerbread man cookies. It’s easy to make and adds just the right amount of sweetness to my cookies. I love that it can be customized with different flavors and colors to match any occasion. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it is!