Who doesn’t love a refreshing and tangy lemon cake? Jamie Oliver’s recipe for lemon yogurt cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. This recipe is easy to make and will leave your taste buds wanting more. Whether you’re looking for something to satisfy your sweet tooth or impress your guests, this recipe is definitely worth trying out!
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of lemon zest
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, and eggs until smooth.
- Add the flour, vegetable oil, baking powder, salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch (23cm) cake pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it and letting it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
One serving contains:
- Calories: 340
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 52g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 35g
- Protein: 5g
This recipe takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 45-50 minutes to bake.
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 9-inch (23cm) cake pan
- Wire rack
This lemon yogurt cake is delicious on its own or served with fresh berries and whipped cream. It’s also great with a cup of coffee or tea.
If you want to switch things up, you can try adding different fruits or flavors to the cake. Blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries would be a great addition. You could also try adding almond extract or vanilla extract for a different flavor profile.
If you don’t have plain yogurt, you can use Greek yogurt or sour cream instead. You can also use a different type of oil, such as canola or coconut oil.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also store it in the fridge for up to a week.
- Make sure your ingredients are at room temperature before starting the recipe.
- Use fresh lemons for the best flavor.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can result in a tough cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before slicing it.
This recipe is adapted from Jamie Oliver’s recipe for lemon yogurt cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil before freezing.
Can I use a different type of flour?
You can try using whole wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different.
Jamie Oliver’s lemon yogurt cake is a simple yet delicious dessert that everyone will love. The tangy lemon flavor paired with the moist and fluffy cake is the perfect combination. This recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require any fancy ingredients, making it a great option for any occasion. Give it a try and see for yourself!