Summer is here, and what better way to celebrate than with a refreshing and tangy lemon cheesecake? If you’re looking for a dessert that’s easy to make, delicious, and sure to impress your guests, then you need to try Jane’s Patisserie Lemon Cheesecake. This recipe is simple enough for beginners, but it tastes like it came straight from a fancy bakery. Plus, with just a few ingredients, you can whip up this dessert in no time. So, let’s get started and make a lemon cheesecake that will make your taste buds dance!
For the crust: – 200g digestive biscuits – 100g unsalted butter, melted For the filling: – 600g cream cheese, room temperature – 200g granulated sugar – 3 large eggs – 1 tsp vanilla extract – 1 lemon, zested and juiced For the topping: – 150ml double cream – 1 tbsp icing sugar – 1 lemon, zested
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C (fan)/180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. 2. Crush your digestive biscuits in a food processor or by putting them in a plastic bag and bashing them with a rolling pin. Mix the melted butter with the crushed biscuits until they’re fully combined. 3. Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of your 20cm springform cake tin. Make sure it’s level and compacted. 4. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until it’s smooth. Add the sugar and beat again until it’s fully incorporated. 5. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until they’re fully mixed in. 6. Add the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the bowl and mix until everything is combined. 7. Pour the cheesecake filling into the cake tin and smooth it out with a spatula. 8. Bake the cheesecake for 50-60 minutes, or until it’s set but still slightly wobbly in the middle. 9. Remove the cheesecake from the oven and let it cool completely. 10. Once the cheesecake is cool, make the topping by whisking the double cream and icing sugar together until it forms soft peaks. 11. Top the cheesecake with the whipped cream and sprinkle the lemon zest on top. 12. Chill the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before serving.
– Calories: 504 – Fat: 38g – Saturated Fat: 20g – Cholesterol: 156mg – Sodium: 389mg – Carbohydrates: 36g – Fiber: 1g – Sugar: 27g – Protein: 8g
Preparation Time: 20 minutes Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes Chilling Time: 4 hours
– 20cm springform cake tin – Food processor or plastic bag and rolling pin – Mixing bowl – Electric mixer or whisk – Spatula
Serve this lemon cheesecake chilled, straight from the fridge. It pairs perfectly with a cup of tea or coffee, or you can serve it as a dessert after a summer barbecue. You could also top it with fresh berries or a drizzle of lemon curd for an extra pop of flavour.
Variations and Substitutions
– For a gluten-free crust, use gluten-free digestive biscuits. – For a vegan version, use vegan cream cheese and substitute the eggs with 1/4 cup of aquafaba (the liquid from a can of chickpeas). – For a lime cheesecake, substitute the lemon zest and juice for lime zest and juice.
Store any leftover cheesecake in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Tips and Notes
– Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before starting the recipe, as it will be easier to beat. – Don’t overmix the cheesecake filling, as this can cause it to crack while baking. – To prevent the cheesecake from cracking while baking, place a pan of water on the bottom rack of your oven. The steam from the water will prevent the cheesecake from drying out too quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I freeze this cheesecake? A: Yes, you can freeze this cheesecake for up to 3 months. Make sure it’s fully wrapped in plastic wrap and foil before freezing. Q: Why is my cheesecake lumpy? A: If your cream cheese isn’t fully softened before starting the recipe, it can cause lumps in the filling. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before beginning.
Jane’s Patisserie Lemon Cheesecake: A Zesty Twist on a Classic Dessert
If you’re looking for a dessert that’s easy to make, but still tastes like it came from a fancy bakery, then Jane’s Patisserie Lemon Cheesecake is the recipe for you. This tangy and refreshing cheesecake is perfect for summer, and it’s sure to impress your guests. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a delicious dessert that will make your taste buds dance. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and see for yourself how amazing it is!