Winter is here, and what better way to stay warm than with a plate of delicious and nutritious lasagnes aux legumes d’hiver? This recipe from Marmiton is perfect for those cold and cozy nights when you want something hearty and comforting. Made with seasonal winter vegetables, this dish is not only tasty but also packed with vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy during the colder months.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, parsnips, and butternut squash to the skillet, and cook until slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, thyme, rosemary, oregano, and vegetable broth to the skillet, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the vegetable mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place three lasagna noodles on top of the vegetables, then top with a layer of Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers two more times, ending with a layer of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Servings per recipe: 6
Calories per serving: 385
Total fat: 14g
Saturated fat: 5g
Total carbohydrate: 52g
Dietary fiber: 8g
Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
- Large skillet
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Aluminum foil
Pair this delicious lasagna with a green salad or some crusty bread for a complete meal. It also makes great leftovers, so pack some up for lunch the next day!
Feel free to switch up the vegetables in this recipe based on what’s in season or what you have on hand. You can also add some protein, like cooked chicken or ground turkey, for extra flavor and nutrition.
If you don’t have vegetable broth on hand, you can use chicken broth or water instead. You can also swap out the Parmesan cheese for another type of cheese, like mozzarella or cheddar.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze the lasagna for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to cook the vegetables until they are softened but not mushy, so they retain their texture in the lasagna.
- If you’re short on time, you can use no-boil lasagna noodles instead.
- For a vegan version of this recipe, simply omit the Parmesan cheese or use a vegan cheese substitute.
This recipe is a great way to use up any leftover winter veggies you may have in your fridge. Feel free to get creative and experiment with different combinations of vegetables and seasonings!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I make this lasagna ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can assemble the lasagna up to one day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Q: Can I use frozen vegetables instead of fresh?
A: Yes, you can use frozen vegetables if you don’t have fresh on hand. Just make sure to thaw them first and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Q: Can I use a different type of pasta?
A: Yes, you can use any type of pasta you like for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time according to the package instructions.
I absolutely love this lasagna recipe! It’s such a great way to incorporate seasonal winter vegetables into a comforting and delicious meal. The combination of carrots, parsnips, and butternut squash is perfect, and the herbs add just the right amount of flavor. Plus, it’s always a hit with my family and friends. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!