Are you looking for a tasty and healthy way to enjoy your vegetables? Look no further than legumes a la plancha Marmiton! This Spanish-inspired dish is made by grilling or searing a variety of veggies on a hot griddle or skillet, creating a delicious charred flavor that pairs perfectly with tangy vinaigrette. Not only is it a tasty way to get your daily dose of veggies, but it’s also super easy to make!
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 eggplant, sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the sliced vegetables on the hot griddle or skillet, brushing them with olive oil and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes on each side, until they are charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, transfer them to a large serving platter.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the vegetables, tossing gently to coat.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 cup
Saturated fat: 1g
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Griddle or skillet
Large serving platter
Legumes a la plancha Marmiton can be served as a side dish or as a main course. It pairs well with grilled chicken or fish, or can be enjoyed on its own with a crusty baguette or some brown rice.
Feel free to mix and match your favorite vegetables to create a customized version of this dish. Some other great options include:
- Cherry tomatoes
If you don’t have balsamic vinegar on hand, you can substitute red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar instead. You can also use honey instead of Dijon mustard in the vinaigrette if you prefer a sweeter flavor.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the vegetables in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
- Make sure your griddle or skillet is hot before adding the vegetables – this will help create a nice charred crust on the outside while keeping the veggies tender on the inside.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan – if you add too many vegetables at once, they will steam instead of searing.
- Feel free to play around with the seasoning – you can add herbs like thyme or rosemary to the vinaigrette for extra flavor.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a griddle?
A griddle is a flat cooking surface that is typically made of cast iron or non-stick material. It is great for cooking pancakes, eggs, and other foods that require a large, flat surface area.
What is a plancha?
A plancha is a similar cooking surface to a griddle, but it is typically made of stainless steel and is used more commonly in Spanish cuisine. It can be used to cook a variety of foods, including meats, seafood, and vegetables.
Can I use frozen vegetables for this recipe?
While fresh vegetables will give you the best flavor and texture, you can certainly use frozen vegetables if that’s all you have on hand. Just make sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before cooking to avoid excess moisture.
Overall, I think legumes a la plancha Marmiton is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your veggies. It’s easy to make, customizable, and packed with flavor. Whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or simply looking for a tasty side dish, this recipe is definitely worth a try!