Are you a lemon lover? If so, this lemon bundt cake with lemon pie filling recipe is just for you! It’s the perfect dessert to serve for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner, a potluck, or a special celebration. The tangy and zesty flavors of lemon combine beautifully with the richness of the cake, making it a crowd-pleaser that will leave everyone asking for more.
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 1 small box of lemon instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup of lemon pie filling
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, instant pudding mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Mix well until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan.
- Add the lemon pie filling on top of the batter, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Pour the remaining batter on top of the lemon pie filling.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert it onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of the cake)
- Calories: 315
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Sodium: 358mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 27g
- Protein: 4g
Total time: 1 hour (prep time: 15 minutes, baking time: 45 minutes)
- Bundt cake pan
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
This lemon bundt cake with lemon pie filling is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to balance out the tangy flavors. It’s perfect for any occasion, from a casual family dinner to a fancy dinner party.
If you want to switch things up, you can try adding blueberries or raspberries to the lemon pie filling for a burst of fruity flavor. You can also use a different flavor of cake mix, such as vanilla or yellow, and swap out the lemon pie filling for a different flavor of pie filling, such as cherry or apple.
If you don’t have lemon cake mix or lemon instant pudding mix, you can use vanilla or yellow cake mix and vanilla instant pudding mix instead. You can also use canola oil or melted butter instead of vegetable oil.
This cake can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to three days. To keep it fresh for longer, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze the cake for up to three months.
- Make sure to grease your bundt cake pan thoroughly to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this can make the cake tough and dry.
- Let the cake cool completely before dusting it with powdered sugar to prevent the sugar from melting.
This recipe makes a moist and flavorful cake that will impress your guests. The lemon pie filling adds a burst of citrusy goodness that complements the cake perfectly. It’s an easy recipe that anyone can make, even if you’re not an experienced baker.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh lemon juice instead of lemon cake mix?
No, lemon cake mix is necessary to achieve the right texture and flavor for this recipe. Using fresh lemon juice can make the cake too dense and tart.
Can I use a different type of pan instead of a bundt cake pan?
Yes, you can use a regular cake pan or a loaf pan, but the baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted.
Can I use a different type of pie filling?
Yes, you can use any type of pie filling you like, but keep in mind that it will change the flavor profile of the cake.
This lemon bundt cake with lemon pie filling is a must-try recipe for anyone who loves citrusy desserts. It’s easy to make, and the combination of lemon cake mix and lemon pie filling creates a luscious and tangy flavor that will leave you wanting more. Whether you’re serving it for a special occasion or just as a treat for yourself, this cake is sure to impress. So what are you waiting for? Get baking and enjoy a burst of citrusy goodness!