Are you looking for a refreshing and easy-to-make dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you feeling refreshed? Look no further than these luscious lemon cake mix cookies with blueberries! This recipe is perfect for those who love the tangy taste of lemon and the sweet burst of blueberries. These cookies are moist, chewy, and full of citrusy goodness. Plus, they are incredibly easy to make, so you can whip up a batch in no time!
- 1 box of lemon cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add in the blueberries and gently stir until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Form the dough into small balls and roll them in powdered sugar.
- Place the balls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 14g
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 1g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 10-12 minutes Total Time: 22 minutes
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Wire rack
These lemon cake mix cookies with blueberries are delicious on their own, but they can also be served with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. For a fun twist, try serving them with a lemon glaze made from powdered sugar and lemon juice!
If you want to mix things up, try adding in some chopped nuts, white chocolate chips, or dried cranberries to the dough. You could also swap out the blueberries for raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries!
If you don’t have vegetable oil on hand, you can use canola oil or melted butter instead. You could also use a different flavor of cake mix, such as vanilla or yellow, if you prefer.
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep them fresh for longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Make sure to gently fold in the blueberries so that they don’t burst and turn the dough blue.
- Don’t overbake the cookies, as they will continue to cook slightly as they cool on the baking sheet.
- If you want to make these cookies even more lemony, try adding in some lemon zest to the dough!
These cookies are perfect for summer picnics, potlucks, or just as a sweet treat to enjoy on a hot day. They are light, refreshing, and bursting with flavor!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen blueberries instead of fresh?
Yes, you can use frozen blueberries, but make sure to thaw them first and pat them dry with a paper towel.
Can I use a different flavor of cake mix?
Yes, you can use a different flavor of cake mix if you prefer, but keep in mind that it will change the overall flavor of the cookies.
Can I skip the powdered sugar?
Yes, you can skip the powdered sugar if you prefer, but it adds a nice touch of sweetness and texture to the cookies.
These lemon cake mix cookies with blueberries are one of my favorite summertime treats! I love the tangy taste of the lemon and the burst of sweetness from the blueberries. Plus, they are incredibly easy to make and always turn out moist and chewy. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!