Lemon Crinkle Cookies Cake Mix Cool Whip: A Delicious and Easy Recipe
Imagine biting into a soft, chewy lemon crinkle cookie, the tangy zest of lemon dancing on your taste buds. Now, imagine that same cookie made with a shortcut – cake mix and cool whip. These lemon crinkle cookies with cake mix and cool whip are a game-changer, combining convenience with incredible flavor. Get ready to indulge in a delightful treat that will leave you craving more.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies Cake Mix Cool Whip Overview
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert that packs a punch of lemony goodness, these lemon crinkle cookies with cake mix and cool whip are just what you need. This recipe requires only five simple ingredients – cake mix, cool whip, eggs, powdered sugar, and lemon juice. The combination of the cake mix and cool whip creates a soft and moist texture, while the lemon juice adds a refreshing zing.
To make these lemon crinkle cookies, start by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, cool whip, eggs, and lemon juice. Stir until well combined, forming a soft and sticky dough.
Variations and Substitutions
One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility. You can mix things up by adding different flavors to the cookie dough. Consider incorporating lemon zest for an extra burst of citrus, or try adding a teaspoon of vanilla extract for a touch of warmth. If you prefer a different cake flavor, you can experiment with different cake mix varieties such as chocolate, strawberry, or even funfetti.
For those with dietary restrictions or preferences, there are a few substitutions you can make. If you’re looking for a dairy-free option, you can use a non-dairy whipped topping instead of cool whip. Additionally, if you’re avoiding eggs, you can substitute them with applesauce or a mashed banana. These substitutions will alter the taste and texture slightly, but the cookies will still be delicious.
Cooking Time & Servings
This recipe requires minimal time and effort. The baking time for these lemon crinkle cookies is approximately 10-12 minutes. This short baking time ensures the cookies stay soft and chewy on the inside while developing a slightly crispy exterior.
Depending on the size of the cookies, this recipe yields about 24-30 cookies. It’s always a good idea to make a double batch because these cookies tend to disappear quickly!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 cup cool whip
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lemon cake mix, cool whip, eggs, and lemon juice. Stir until well combined.
- Place the powdered sugar in a separate bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop or your hands, form the dough into small balls and roll them in the powdered sugar until fully coated.
- Place the coated dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set and the cookies have a crinkled appearance.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 23g
- Sugars: 14g
- Protein: 2g
Cooking Time & Servings:
The baking time for these lemon crinkle cookies is approximately 10-12 minutes. This recipe yields about 24-30 cookies.
– Mixing bowl
– Baking sheet
– Parchment paper
– Cookie scoop or spoon
– Wire rack
Enjoy these lemon crinkle cookies on their own as a sweet treat, or pair them with a glass of cold milk or hot tea for a delightful combination. For an extra indulgent experience, sandwich a dollop of lemon-flavored cream between two cookies to create a luscious lemon crinkle cookie ice cream sandwich. You can also drizzle a simple lemon glaze over the cookies for added sweetness and appeal. For a visually stunning presentation, garnish the cookies with a dusting of powdered sugar and a few thin lemon slices.
– Add lemon zest for extra citrus flavor
– Use different cake mix flavors like chocolate or strawberry
– Experiment with different types of whipped toppings
– Create a chocolate and lemon swirl by blending chocolate and lemon cake mix together
– Non-dairy whipped topping for cool whip, for dairy-free option
– Applesauce or mashed banana for eggs, for egg-free option
To keep these lemon crinkle cookies fresh, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, you can freeze the cookies in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to three months. When ready to enjoy, simply thaw the cookies at room temperature and they will still taste delicious.
- Make sure the cake mix is fully incorporated into the dough for even flavor distribution.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to portion the dough for evenly sized cookies.
- Roll the dough balls in powdered sugar just before baking to achieve the crinkle effect.
- For an extra lemony punch, add a sprinkle of lemon zest on top of the cookies before baking.
- These lemon crinkle cookies are perfect for parties, potlucks, or any occasion that calls for a burst of lemony sweetness.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of powdered sugar to your liking. You can roll the dough balls in more or less powdered sugar for a sweeter or less sweet finish.
- These cookies are best enjoyed within a few days of baking when they are at their softest and most flavorful.
- Experiment with different cake mix flavors and enjoy the endless possibilities!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use any flavor of cake mix? Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix to create unique variations of these cookies.
- Can I freeze the dough? Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough for later use. Simply portion the dough into balls, place them on a baking sheet, and freeze until solid. Then, transfer the frozen dough balls to a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Can I substitute the cool whip with whipped cream? While whipped cream can be used as a substitute, it may result in slightly different texture and sweetness. Cool whip is preferred for its stability and unique flavor.
- Can I add mix-ins like chocolate chips or nuts? Absolutely! Feel free to add your favorite mix-ins to the cookie dough to enhance the flavor and texture of these lemon crinkle cookies.
Desserts, Cookies, Baking, Easy Recipes, Quick Recipes
In conclusion, these lemon crinkle cookies with cake mix and cool whip are a delightful treat that combines convenience with incredible flavor. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create soft and chewy cookies bursting with tangy lemon zest. Whether you enjoy them on their own or get creative with variations and twists, these cookies are sure to become a favorite in your household. So, go ahead and bake a batch of these lemony delights and experience the joy of indulging in a sweet treat made easy with cake mix and cool whip.
Try this recipe and explore your creativity by making variations or adding your personal touch. Experiment with different cake mix flavors, mix-ins, and toppings to create your own unique twist on these lemon crinkle cookies. Let your imagination run wild and discover new flavor combinations that will wow your taste buds.
In conclusion, I hope you have enjoyed reading this recipe and are inspired to give it a try. I would love to hear about your experiences, feedback, and any suggestions you may have. Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below. Happy baking and savoring!
“The only thing I like better than talking about food is eating.” – John Walters