If you’re looking for a perfect treat to add sparkle to your festive season, look no further than the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box. This luxurious box of chocolates not only contains a delicious assortment of chocolates, but it also lights up and glows, adding a touch of magic to your celebrations. In this blog post, we’ll explore two delectable recipes you can create with the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box. So, let’s get started!
Recipe 1: M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Brownies
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 200g unsalted butter, diced
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 1 M&S Light Up Chocolate Box
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy.
- Gradually pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Chop the chocolates from the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box and fold them into the brownie mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is set but the middle is still slightly gooey.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and slicing into squares.
Serves: 12 | Calories per serving: 402 | Fat: 23g | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g
- 20cm square baking tin
- Heatproof bowl
Serve the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Brownies with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can also sprinkle some chopped nuts or fresh berries on top for added texture and flavour.
You can add some extra flavour to the brownies by mixing in a teaspoon of vanilla extract or espresso powder. You can also swap the dark chocolate for milk or white chocolate for a different flavour profile.
If you don’t have caster sugar, you can use granulated sugar instead. You can also use gluten-free flour for a gluten-free version of this recipe.
The M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week.
- Make sure to whisk the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy to ensure the brownies are light and airy.
- Don’t overmix the flour into the mixture to avoid tough brownies.
- Allow the brownies to cool before slicing to prevent them from falling apart.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different brand of chocolates?
Yes, you can use any brand of chocolates for this recipe. However, the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box adds a festive touch to the brownies.
Can I freeze the brownies?
Yes, you can freeze the brownies for up to 3 months. Allow them to cool completely before wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and placing them in an airtight container.
Recipe 2: M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Hot Chocolate
- 500ml whole milk
- 100g M&S Light Up Chocolate Box, chopped
- Whipped cream, to serve
- Marshmallows, to serve
- Place the milk and chopped chocolates from the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the chocolates have melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream and marshmallows.
Serves: 2 | Calories per serving: 358 | Fat: 18g | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 12g
Serve the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Hot Chocolate with a warm croissant or some freshly baked cookies for a decadent treat.
You can add some extra flavour to the hot chocolate by mixing in a teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla extract. You can also use coconut milk or almond milk for a vegan version of this recipe.
If you don’t have whole milk, you can use skimmed or semi-skimmed milk instead. You can also use dairy-free whipped cream and marshmallows for a vegan version of this recipe.
The M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Hot Chocolate is best enjoyed fresh. However, you can store any leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a day. Reheat it gently on the stove or in the microwave before serving.
- Make sure to stir the hot chocolate constantly to avoid burning the chocolate.
- For a richer hot chocolate, you can use double cream instead of whipped cream.
- You can also add some chopped nuts or a drizzle of caramel sauce on top of the whipped cream for added texture and flavour.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for this recipe. However, the M&S Light Up Chocolate Box adds a festive touch to the hot chocolate.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
You can make the hot chocolate in advance and store it in the fridge. However, make sure to store the whipped cream and marshmallows separately and add them just before serving.
The M&S Light Up Chocolate Box is a great addition to any festive celebration. The chocolates are delicious, and the light-up feature adds a touch of magic to any occasion. The M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Brownies are a perfect way to use up any leftover chocolates and create a decadent treat. The M&S Light Up Chocolate Box Hot Chocolate is a perfect way to warm up on a cold winter day. I highly recommend trying out these recipes for yourself and indulging in the festive delight.