Who doesn’t love banana bread? It’s a classic recipe that’s perfect for breakfast, snack time, or any time you’re craving something sweet and comforting. But have you ever tried making banana bread with cake mix? This fun twist on the traditional recipe is easy, delicious, and sure to impress your friends and family. In this article, we’ll walk you through the ingredients, instructions, and everything else you need to know to make the best banana bread with cake mix.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, mashed bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve!
One slice of banana bread with cake mix (assuming 12 servings) contains approximately:
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 37g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 3g
The total cooking time for this recipe is approximately 50-55 minutes.
- 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Mixing bowl
- Spoon or spatula
- Cooking spray
- Wire rack
Banana bread with cake mix is delicious on its own, but you can also try serving it with a dollop of whipped cream, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or some fresh berries. It’s also great with a cup of coffee or tea!
There are lots of ways to customize this recipe to your liking. Here are a few ideas:
- Add chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to the batter for extra crunch.
- Stir in some chocolate chips for a decadent twist.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter for extra flavor.
- Try using a different flavor of cake mix, such as chocolate or spice.
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, don’t worry! Here are a few substitutions you can try:
- Instead of vegetable oil, you can use melted butter or coconut oil.
- If you don’t have cinnamon or nutmeg, you can leave them out or substitute with a different spice, such as ginger or allspice.
- If you don’t have yellow cake mix, you can try using white or vanilla cake mix instead.
Store leftover banana bread with cake mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure your bananas are ripe and mashed well for the best flavor and texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter, or you may end up with tough bread.
- If you’re using a glass loaf pan, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe and make it your own! You can try different add-ins, spices, or even use different types of cake mix. Have fun with it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen bananas for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen bananas for this recipe. Just make sure to let them thaw completely and drain off any excess liquid before mashing them.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use a different type of oil, such as canola or olive oil. Just keep in mind that it may affect the flavor and texture of the bread slightly.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using a gluten-free cake mix. Just make sure to check the other ingredients for gluten as well, such as the spices and any add-ins.
Making banana bread with cake mix is such a fun and easy twist on the classic recipe. I love how versatile it is – you can try so many different variations and add-ins to customize it to your liking. Plus, it’s always a hit with friends and family! I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as I do.