Looking for a delicious and cute dessert for your holiday party? Look no further than this mini yule log recipe! This dessert is a fun and festive twist on the classic yule log cake, and it’s sure to be a hit with your guests. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be customized to your liking. So, let’s get started!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate frosting
- Mini candy canes, holly leaves, and berries, for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the milk, and mix until just combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes, then carefully roll it up in the parchment paper and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll the cake and spread the chocolate frosting evenly over the top. Roll the cake back up and decorate with mini candy canes, holly leaves, and berries.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving Size: 1 mini yule log
Total Fat: 14g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrates: 30g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Wire rack
Serve these mini yule logs on a festive platter with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh berries. They also pair well with a cup of hot cocoa or coffee.
You can switch up the frosting and decorations to make these mini yule logs your own. Try using cream cheese frosting or peppermint frosting, and top with crushed candy canes or sprinkles.
- Use salted butter instead of unsalted, but reduce the added salt to 1/8 teaspoon
- Swap out the cocoa powder for an equal amount of all-purpose flour for a vanilla flavored mini yule log
- Use almond milk or soy milk instead of dairy milk for a dairy-free option
Store any leftover mini yule logs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to roll the cake carefully to avoid cracking the cake
- Refrigerate the cake before slicing to make it easier to cut and serve
- Use a serrated knife to make clean slices
If you don’t have a jelly roll pan, you can use a regular baking sheet with high edges.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different type of frosting?
Yes! You can use any type of frosting you like, such as cream cheese frosting or peppermint frosting.
Can I make these mini yule logs ahead of time?
Yes! You can make the cake ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to frost and decorate it.
Can I freeze these mini yule logs?
Yes! Wrap the cake tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 1 month. Thaw in the refrigerator before slicing and serving.
This mini yule log recipe is a fun and festive treat that’s perfect for the holiday season. It’s easy to make, customizable, and sure to impress your guests. Give it a try and enjoy!