The holiday season is the perfect time to indulge in a little bit of sweetness. And what better way to do that than with a delicious Mocha Yule Log? This classic dessert is a sure crowd-pleaser and will leave everyone feeling merry and bright. So why not add a little extra cheer to your holiday table this year with this delightful recipe?
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a 15×10 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until thick and lemon-colored.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the egg mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the center.
- While the cake is still warm, turn it out onto a clean kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Carefully remove the parchment paper and roll the cake up in the towel, starting from the short end. Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the filling, heat the heavy cream in a small saucepan until it just begins to simmer. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips, instant coffee, and vanilla extract. Stir until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling evenly over the top, leaving a small border around the edges. Carefully roll the cake back up and place it seam-side down on a serving platter.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 8g
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 15×10 inch baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- Electric mixer
- Clean kitchen towel
- Small saucepan
- Serving platter
This Mocha Yule Log is the perfect dessert to serve at any holiday gathering. Pair it with a cup of hot cocoa or a glass of milk for the ultimate indulgence.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some chopped nuts or dried fruit to the filling for an extra burst of flavor. You could also substitute the semisweet chocolate chips for white chocolate or dark chocolate for a different twist on this classic dessert.
If you don’t have instant coffee on hand, you can substitute it with brewed coffee or espresso. You can also use milk or dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet chocolate chips, depending on your personal preference.
Store any leftover Mocha Yule Log in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to roll the cake up in the kitchen towel while it’s still warm to prevent cracking.
- Let the filling cool to room temperature before spreading it on the cake to prevent it from melting and making the cake soggy.
- Dust the cake with powdered sugar just before serving to give it a festive touch.
This recipe serves 8-10 people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes! You can make the cake and filling separately up to a day in advance. Just store them separately in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the cake.
What if my cake cracks when I roll it up?
Don’t worry! Just cover it up with the filling and powdered sugar and no one will even notice.
Can I freeze this dessert?
You can freeze any leftover Mocha Yule Log for up to 1 month. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container.
The Mocha Yule Log is one of my favorite holiday desserts. It’s rich, decadent, and always a crowd-pleaser. I love the combination of chocolate and coffee flavors in this recipe, and the fluffy filling is the perfect complement to the moist cake. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try this holiday season – it’s sure to become a new family favorite!