Do you ever have a craving for something sweet but don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen? Look no further than this mug cake recipe with no milk. It’s the perfect dessert for those who want a quick and easy treat without sacrificing taste. This recipe is perfect for those who are lactose intolerant or simply don’t have milk on hand. Let’s get started!
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a microwave-safe mug, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add in vegetable oil, water, and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds. The cake should rise and be set in the center.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe makes one serving. The nutritional information is as follows:
- Calories: 350
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Sugar: 21g
- Fiber: 3g
The total cooking time for this recipe is about 2-3 minutes, depending on your microwave.
- Microwave-safe mug
- Whisk or fork
- Measuring spoons and cups
This mug cake is delicious on its own, but you can also top it with whipped cream, ice cream, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit.
The great thing about mug cakes is that they are so versatile. Here are a few variations you can try:
- Replace the cocoa powder with matcha powder for a green tea mug cake.
- Add a tablespoon of peanut butter to the batter for a chocolate-peanut butter mug cake.
- Replace the water with brewed coffee for a mocha mug cake.
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, here are a few substitutions you can make:
- You can use almond milk or coconut milk instead of water.
- If you don’t have vegetable oil, you can use canola oil or melted butter instead.
- If you don’t have all-purpose flour, you can use self-rising flour, but omit the baking powder and salt.
This mug cake is best eaten fresh, but you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving.
- Make sure to whisk the batter well to avoid any clumps.
- When microwaving, start with 60 seconds and add additional time in 10-second increments if needed.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes before eating to avoid burning your mouth.
This recipe is for a 12-ounce mug. If you use a smaller or larger mug, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few commonly asked questions about mug cakes:
- Can I use a different type of flour?
- Yes, you can use whole wheat flour, but the texture may be a bit different.
- Can I use a different type of oil?
- Yes, you can use any type of oil, but keep in mind that it may affect the flavor.
- Can I make this without a microwave?
- You can try baking it in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, but the texture may be different.
This mug cake recipe with no milk is a game-changer. It’s quick, easy, and delicious. Whether you’re lactose intolerant or just don’t have milk on hand, this recipe is perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. Try out different variations and toppings to make it your own. Happy baking!