As a foodie and a cannabis enthusiast, I’m always on the lookout for exciting new strains to try, especially those with unique flavors and aromas. One such strain that caught my attention is the New York Cheesecake, a potent hybrid known for its creamy, cheesy taste and euphoric effects. But what if you could enjoy the flavor of New York Cheesecake not just through smoke, but also through a slice? In this article, I’ll share with you two delicious recipes that showcase the flavor and aroma of this delectable strain.
New York Cheesecake Strain Overview
Before we dive into the recipes, let’s first take a closer look at the New York Cheesecake strain. This hybrid is a cross between two popular strains, Cheese and Girl Scout Cookies, resulting in a well-balanced high that relaxes the body while uplifting the mind. Its aroma is a blend of sweet, cheesy, and earthy notes, while its flavor is creamy and nutty, reminiscent of its namesake dessert. New York Cheesecake is a versatile strain that can be enjoyed any time of the day, but be warned, its THC content can reach up to 23%, so consume in moderation.
New York Cheesecake Strain Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup New York Cheesecake strain-infused butter, melted (see Notes for instructions)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 1/4 cups sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the New York Cheesecake strain-infused butter until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the center is almost set but still slightly jiggly.
- Turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool inside for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run a knife around the edges of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve chilled, garnished with fresh berries or whipped cream, if desired.
- Calories: 616
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 47g
- Carbohydrates: 42g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 34g
- Sodium: 424mg
1 hour and 25 minutes (including cooling and refrigeration time)
- 9-inch springform pan
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Baking sheet
This New York Cheesecake strain cheesecake is a decadent dessert that pairs well with a cup of coffee or tea. You can also serve it as a special treat for your friends or family, or bring it to a potluck or party. For an extra touch of indulgence, top it with your favorite fruit compote or chocolate sauce.
If you don’t have access to New York Cheesecake strain-infused butter, you can use regular unsalted butter instead. You can also add some lemon zest or juice to the cheesecake mixture for a tangy twist. For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free graham crackers or almond meal instead of regular graham cracker crumbs.
You can substitute the white sugar with brown sugar or honey for a slightly different flavor. You can also use low-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt instead of full-fat cream cheese for a lighter version.
Store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 1 month, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before starting to prevent lumps and ensure a smooth texture.
- Don’t overmix the cheesecake batter to avoid incorporating too much air, which can cause the cheesecake to crack.
- To prevent the cheesecake from cracking, place a shallow pan of water in the oven while baking.
- Let the cheesecake cool completely before refrigerating to prevent condensation from forming on top.
To make New York Cheesecake strain-infused butter, melt 1/4 cup unsalted butter in a double boiler or a saucepan over low heat. Add 1 gram of finely ground New York Cheesecake strain (decarboxylated) and stir until the butter is infused. Strain the butter through a cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve to remove any plant matter. Let the butter cool before using in the recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a different strain instead of New York Cheesecake?
A: Yes, you can use any strain that has a creamy, cheesy flavor profile, such as Blue Cheese or Cheese Quake.
Q: Can I make this cheesecake without the cannabis butter?
A: Yes, you can omit the cannabis butter and use regular unsalted butter instead. The cheesecake will still taste delicious, but won’t have any psychoactive effects.
New York Cheesecake Strain Milkshake Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup New York Cheesecake strain-infused milk (see Notes for instructions)
- In a blender, combine vanilla ice cream, whole milk, honey, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the New York Cheesecake strain-infused milk and blend again until well combined.
- Pour into a tall glass and serve immediately, garnished with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired.
- Calories: 435
- Protein: 9g
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 42g
- Sodium: 194mg
- Tall glass
This New York Cheesecake strain milkshake is a fun and refreshing way to enjoy the flavor and effects of this hybrid strain. You can serve it as a dessert or a midday treat, or pair it with some salty snacks for a sweet and savory contrast.
You can substitute the vanilla ice cream with other flavors or non-dairy alternatives, such as chocolate, strawberry, or coconut milk ice cream. You can also adjust the amount of honey and spices to your liking.
If you don’t have access to New York Cheesecake strain-infused milk, you can use regular whole milk or almond milk instead. You can also omit the cannabis altogether for a non-psy