The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious dessert? If you’re looking for a show-stopping holiday treat that will impress your guests, look no further than this Nutella Yule Log recipe. This rich and decadent dessert is sure to be the highlight of your holiday spread.
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 15×10-inch jelly roll pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- While the cake is still warm, carefully remove it from the pan and place it on a clean kitchen towel. Roll the cake up in the towel and let it cool completely.
- In a separate bowl, beat the Nutella and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Carefully unroll the cake and spread the Nutella mixture evenly over the surface. Roll the cake back up and place it seam-side down on a serving platter.
- Dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 16g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrates: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 15×10-inch jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Electric mixer
- Clean kitchen towel
- Serving platter
This Nutella Yule Log is perfect for serving at holiday parties or as a special treat for your family. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of cocoa powder for an extra special touch.
If you’re looking to switch things up, try adding chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the Nutella filling. You could also try using a different flavored spread, like peanut butter or cookie butter, for a fun twist.
If you don’t have Nutella on hand, you could try using another chocolate hazelnut spread or even a homemade chocolate spread. You could also use a different type of nut butter for the filling, like almond or cashew butter.
The Nutella Yule Log can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Be sure to roll the cake up in the towel while it’s still warm to prevent cracking.
- When spreading the Nutella filling, be sure to leave a small border around the edges to prevent the filling from oozing out.
- Dust the cake with confectioners’ sugar just before serving for the best presentation.
This recipe makes one large Yule Log, but you could also make smaller individual ones by cutting the cake into smaller sections before rolling.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the Nutella Yule Log ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Can I freeze the Nutella Yule Log?
Yes, you can freeze the Nutella Yule Log for up to 2 months. Be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container.
Can I use a different type of filling?
Yes, you can use a different type of filling if you prefer. Some good options include whipped cream, cream cheese frosting, or jam.
This Nutella Yule Log recipe is the perfect way to indulge in a decadent dessert this holiday season. The rich chocolate cake and creamy Nutella filling are a match made in heaven, and the festive presentation will impress all of your guests. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the delicious taste of the holidays!