As the leaves change and Halloween approaches, it’s time to start thinking about all the delicious fall treats to make. Look no further than this Pillsbury Cake Mix Pumpkin Roll, a spooky and sweet dessert that’s perfect for any autumn gathering. With the help of a boxed cake mix, this recipe is easy and quick to make, but it tastes like it took hours to prepare. Get ready to impress your friends and family with this festive and tasty dessert.
- 1 box Pillsbury yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, oil, water, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake is done baking, remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Using a clean dish towel, dust it with powdered sugar and carefully turn the cake out onto the towel.
- Roll the cake up tightly in the towel and let it cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, unroll it and spread the frosting evenly over the top.
- Carefully roll the cake back up and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 6g
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 15×10 inch jelly roll pan
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
- Clean dish towel
This Pillsbury Cake Mix Pumpkin Roll is a great dessert to serve at any fall gathering. It pairs well with a cup of warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte. Top it off with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg for an extra burst of fall flavor.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some chopped nuts or raisins to the cake batter for added texture. You can also substitute the cream cheese frosting for a whipped cream frosting for a lighter option.
If you don’t have a yellow cake mix, you can substitute it for a white cake mix. You can also use pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices listed in the recipe.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to cool the cake completely before adding the frosting to prevent it from melting.
- When rolling the cake, make sure to roll it tightly to prevent any cracks.
- Don’t forget to dust your dish towel with powdered sugar to prevent sticking.
This recipe makes about 10-12 slices depending on the size of the slices. You can easily double the recipe if you’re feeding a larger crowd.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time? Yes, you can make this recipe a day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can I freeze this recipe? Yes, you can freeze this recipe for up to 2 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
- Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned. Make sure to cook and puree the pumpkin before adding it to the batter.
This Pillsbury Cake Mix Pumpkin Roll is a delicious and easy dessert to make for any fall gathering. With the help of a boxed cake mix, it’s quick to make but tastes like it took hours to prepare. The creamy frosting pairs perfectly with the spiced pumpkin cake, making it a crowd-pleaser for all. Don’t be afraid to get creative with the recipe and add your own personal touch. Happy baking!