Are you tired of the usual chocolate or vanilla cakes? Try this refreshing and nutty pistachio lemon bundt cake recipe that will surely tickle your taste buds. This cake is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a simple afternoon tea with friends or a fancy dinner party.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pistachios, finely ground
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt cake pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ground pistachios, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the lemon juice and zest until incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk, until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Each serving of this pistachio lemon bundt cake contains:
- Calories: 330
- Total Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 43g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 28g
- Protein: 5g
This pistachio lemon bundt cake recipe takes approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes to prepare and bake.
- 10-inch bundt cake pan
- Mixing bowls
- Electric mixer
This cake can be served warm or at room temperature, and can be enjoyed on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.
If you want to switch things up, you can try adding some chopped pistachios into the batter for some extra texture. You can also substitute the lemon juice and zest with lime or orange for a different citrus flavor.
If you don’t have ground pistachios, you can grind them yourself using a food processor or blender. You can also substitute the all-purpose flour with cake flour for a lighter texture.
This pistachio lemon bundt cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to grease and flour your bundt cake pan well to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. This will prevent the cake from breaking apart.
- Don’t overmix the batter to avoid a tough cake. Mix just until the ingredients are well combined.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use salted pistachios for this recipe?
Yes, you can use salted pistachios, but make sure to adjust the amount of salt in the recipe accordingly.
Can I use a different type of citrus?
Yes, you can substitute the lemon juice and zest with lime or orange for a different citrus flavor.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, this cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil before freezing.
This pistachio lemon bundt cake recipe is a refreshing and nutty delight that’s perfect for any occasion. The combination of pistachios and lemon gives this cake a unique and delicious flavor that’s sure to impress your guests. So why not give it a try and see for yourself? You won’t regret it!