Are you planning a birthday party for your little princess? Look no further than these Princess Belle birthday cake ideas! Bring the enchanted world of Beauty and the Beast to life with a cake that is sure to impress.
Whether you are a seasoned baker or a beginner, these recipes are easy to follow and will result in a cake fit for royalty. So put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and let’s get baking!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring
- Red food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Pink fondant
- Gold edible dust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between three bowls. Add yellow food coloring to one bowl, red food coloring to another, and green food coloring to the third. Mix until the colors are evenly distributed.
- Pour each color of batter into a separate cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Roll out the pink fondant and use a Belle-shaped cookie cutter to make a Belle topper for the cake. Use gold edible dust to add shimmer to the topper.
- Assemble the cake by placing the yellow layer on the bottom, followed by the green layer, and then the red layer on top. Frost the outside of the cake with your favorite frosting and place the Belle topper on top.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 15g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Total Carbohydrates: 51g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 9-inch cake pans
- Mixing bowls
- Cake stand or platter
- Belle-shaped cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Edible gold dust
This cake is perfect for a Princess Belle-themed party. Serve with a side of fruit or ice cream for a delicious and festive treat.
This recipe can easily be adapted for other princess-themed parties. Use different food coloring to match the princess of your choice, and use a different cookie cutter to make a topper to match.
For a dairy-free version of this cake, use almond milk instead of whole milk and vegan butter instead of regular butter. If you do not have access to fondant, you can use buttercream frosting to make a Belle topper instead.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To serve, allow the cake to come to room temperature before slicing and serving.
- Be sure to allow the cake to cool completely before frosting to prevent the frosting from melting.
- If you do not have a Belle-shaped cookie cutter, you can print out a picture of Belle and use a knife to cut around the edges to make a topper.
- For a more vibrant color, use gel food coloring instead of liquid food coloring.
This recipe makes a three-layer cake, but you can easily adjust the recipe to make a two-layer or four-layer cake depending on your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake ahead of time. Store the cake layers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days before assembling the cake.
Can I use a different type of frosting?
Yes, you can use any type of frosting you like. Cream cheese frosting or buttercream frosting would both be delicious with this cake.
Yes, you can use any type of cookie cutter you like. Use a cookie cutter that matches the theme of your party.
These Princess Belle birthday cake ideas are sure to make your little princess feel like the belle of the ball. The three-layer cake is not only beautiful, but it tastes delicious too. The yellow, green, and red layers add a fun pop of color, while the Belle topper adds the perfect finishing touch.
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, hosting a princess-themed party, or just looking for a fun baking project, this cake is a great choice. So put on your tiara, grab your mixer, and get ready to create a magical treat fit for a princess!