Are you planning your little princess’s birthday party and want to add a touch of royalty to her special day? Look no further than this princess birthday cake recipe! Not only will it satisfy her sweet tooth, but it also includes some fun and inspiring quotes fit for a princess.
So put on your apron, grab your mixing bowl, and let’s get baking!
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- Edible gold glitter (optional)
- Small princess figurines (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease two 8-inch cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely before removing them from the pans.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add food coloring if desired.
- Place one cake layer on a plate or cake stand and spread a layer of frosting on top. Place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining frosting.
- Sprinkle edible gold glitter on top and add princess figurines if desired.
- Write inspiring princess quotes on the cake using icing or edible markers. Some examples include “Believe in yourself,” “Dream big,” and “Be kind to others.”
- Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour before serving.
Each serving (1/12 of the cake) contains approximately:
- Calories: 410
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 63g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 52g
- Protein: 2g
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
Additional time: 1 hour (refrigeration)
Total time: 1 hour and 45 minutes
- 2 8-inch cake pans
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Cake stand or plate
- Pastry bags or spatula for frosting
- Edible markers or icing for writing quotes
For a complete princess-themed party, serve the cake alongside other treats like pink lemonade, fruit wands, and sugar cookies shaped like crowns or castles.
For a chocolate princess cake, simply use a chocolate cake mix and chocolate frosting. You can also add chocolate chips to the batter for some extra indulgence.
You can substitute the vegetable oil with coconut oil or applesauce for a slightly healthier option. You can also use almond or soy milk instead of regular milk for a dairy-free version.
Store any leftover cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to let the cakes cool completely before frosting to prevent the frosting from melting.
- If you want the frosting to be thicker, add more powdered sugar. If you want it to be thinner, add more milk.
- Use a toothpick to test if the cakes are done baking by inserting it into the center. If it comes out clean, the cakes are ready.
This recipe yields 12 servings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use any flavor of cake mix you prefer.
Can I make the cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can bake the cakes the day before and frost them the day of the party.
Can I freeze the cake?
It’s not recommended to freeze a cake that has already been frosted as it can affect the texture and taste.
This princess birthday cake recipe is not only delicious but also adds a fun and meaningful touch to any little girl’s special day. The inspiring quotes are a great way to encourage young girls to believe in themselves, dream big, and be kind to others. Plus, the edible gold glitter and princess figurines make it extra special and fit for a true princess. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try for your next princess-themed party!