It’s that time of year again – pumpkin season! And what better way to celebrate than with some delicious pumpkin bars? In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make pumpkin bars using yellow cake mix. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also incredibly tasty. So, grab your apron and let’s get started!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, until well combined.
- If using, stir in the chopped walnuts and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
- Calories: 280
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 320mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 22g
- Protein: 4g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
- 9×13 inch baking pan
- Mixing bowl
These pumpkin bars are perfect for a fall dessert or snack. Serve them with a hot cup of coffee or tea for a cozy treat.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some cream cheese frosting to the top of these pumpkin bars. Or, swap out the walnuts and raisins for chocolate chips or dried cranberries.
If you don’t have yellow cake mix on hand, you can use white cake mix instead. You can also substitute the vegetable oil for melted butter or coconut oil.
Store these pumpkin bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep them for longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Make sure to cool the bars completely before cutting into them.
- You can adjust the spices to your liking – add more or less depending on your taste.
- If you don’t have a mixer, you can mix the batter by hand.
This recipe makes about 16-20 pumpkin bars, depending on how big you cut them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze these pumpkin bars?
Yes, you can freeze these pumpkin bars. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw them in the refrigerator before serving.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin instead of canned. Just make sure to puree it before adding it to the batter.
Do I have to add the walnuts and raisins?
No, you don’t have to add the walnuts and raisins if you don’t want to. They’re optional ingredients.
These pumpkin bars using yellow cake mix are a delicious and easy way to celebrate the fall season. They’re moist, flavorful, and perfect for a cozy treat. Whether you’re serving them for dessert or as a snack, they’re sure to be a hit with everyone. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try – you won’t be disappointed!