Are you looking for a tasty fall dessert that’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion? Look no further than pumpkin bars with carrot cake mix! This recipe combines the warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin and cinnamon with the sweetness of a classic carrot cake. It’s the perfect treat to share with friends and family during the autumn season.
– 1 box carrot cake mix – 1 can pumpkin puree – 1/2 cup vegetable oil – 2 eggs – 1 tsp cinnamon – 1/2 tsp nutmeg – 1/4 tsp ginger – 1/4 tsp cloves – 1/2 cup cream cheese frosting (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking pan. 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Mix well until all ingredients are fully incorporated. 3. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread it out evenly. 4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 5. Allow the bars to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before slicing into individual bars. 6. If desired, top each bar with a dollop of cream cheese frosting.
– Serving size: 1 bar – Calories: 250 – Total Fat: 14g – Saturated Fat: 3g – Cholesterol: 30mg – Sodium: 290mg – Total Carbohydrates: 29g – Dietary Fiber: 1g – Sugars: 18g – Protein: 2g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes Total Time: 35-40 minutes
– Large mixing bowl – 9×13 inch baking pan – Measuring cups and spoons – Mixing spoon or whisk – Toothpick
These pumpkin bars with carrot cake mix are perfect for any fall gathering or holiday party. Serve them as a sweet treat after dinner or enjoy them as a midday snack with a cup of coffee or tea. They’re also a great addition to any potluck or bake sale.
– Add chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the batter for extra crunch and flavor. – Replace the cream cheese frosting with a drizzle of caramel sauce or a sprinkle of powdered sugar. – Try using a different cake mix, such as spice cake or yellow cake, for a different twist on this recipe.
– Use applesauce or mashed bananas in place of the oil for a healthier alternative. – Substitute pumpkin pie spice for the individual spices in the recipe for a quicker and easier preparation. – Use a homemade cream cheese frosting or skip it altogether if desired.
Store leftover pumpkin bars with carrot cake mix in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
– Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, for this recipe. – For a smoother batter, mix the pumpkin puree in a blender or food processor before adding it to the other ingredients. – If your cake mix includes pudding, do not add the pudding separately.
These pumpkin bars with carrot cake mix are a great way to use up any leftover canned pumpkin from other fall recipes. They’re also a fun and easy recipe to make with kids or for a fall-themed baking party.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make these pumpkin bars with fresh pumpkin instead of canned? A: Yes, but it’s recommended to use sugar pumpkins or pie pumpkins for best results. Q: Can I use a different type of frosting? A: Absolutely! Cream cheese frosting pairs well with these bars, but you can use any frosting you prefer. Q: Can I make these bars gluten-free? A: Yes, simply use a gluten-free carrot cake mix and double-check that all other ingredients are gluten-free as well.
Pumpkin bars with carrot cake mix are a delicious and easy treat to make during the fall season. With their warm spices and sweet flavors, they’re sure to be a hit with everyone who tries them. So why not give this recipe a try and share it with your loved ones? They’re sure to thank you for it!