Fall is the season of pumpkin spice, warm sweaters, and cozy gatherings with loved ones. What better way to bring in the season than with a delicious pumpkin bundt cake with maple cream cheese filling? This recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors that will satisfy your taste buds and impress your guests.
For the cake: – 2 cups all-purpose flour – 2 teaspoons baking powder – 1 teaspoon baking soda – 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger – 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg – 1/2 teaspoon salt – 1 cup granulated sugar – 1 cup canned pumpkin puree – 1/2 cup vegetable oil – 2 large eggs For the filling: – 8 oz. cream cheese, softened – 1/2 cup maple syrup – 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract For the glaze: – 1/2 cup powdered sugar – 1 tablespoon maple syrup – 1-2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously grease a 10-cup bundt pan. 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. 3. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and eggs until well combined. 4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. 5. In a separate bowl, beat together the cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until smooth. 6. Pour half of the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. 7. Spoon the cream cheese filling over the batter, making sure to leave a 1-inch border around the edges. 8. Pour the remaining cake batter over the filling, making sure to cover it completely. 9. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 10. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. 11. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, maple syrup, and milk until smooth. 12. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and serve.
– Calories: 360 – Fat: 19g – Saturated Fat: 7g – Cholesterol: 65mg – Sodium: 340mg – Carbohydrates: 44g – Fiber: 1g – Sugars: 30g – Protein: 4g
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 50-60 minutes Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
– 10-cup bundt pan – Mixing bowls – Whisk – Electric mixer – Toothpick
Serve your pumpkin bundt cake with maple cream cheese filling at room temperature with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
– Add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to the cake batter for added texture. – Use honey instead of maple syrup in the cream cheese filling for a different flavor. – Substitute pumpkin puree for sweet potato puree for a unique twist on the classic recipe.
– Use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil for a healthier alternative. – Substitute almond flour or gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour for a gluten-free option. – Use low-fat cream cheese for a lighter version of the recipe.
Store your pumpkin bundt cake with maple cream cheese filling in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
– Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it with the maple syrup and vanilla extract for a smooth filling. – Be sure to leave a 1-inch border around the edges of the cake when spooning the cream cheese filling to prevent it from leaking out during baking. – Allow the cake to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing it from the pan to prevent it from falling apart.
– This recipe can also be made in a 9×13 inch baking dish instead of a bundt pan. – For a stronger maple flavor, add maple extract to the cream cheese filling.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I freeze this cake? A: Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. Q: Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned puree? A: Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree. Simply roast a small pumpkin until it is soft, then puree the flesh in a food processor. Q: Can I make this cake ahead of time? A: Yes, you can make this cake up to 2 days in advance. Store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This pumpkin bundt cake with maple cream cheese filling is the perfect dessert for any fall gathering. The combination of pumpkin, maple, and cream cheese flavors is irresistible, and the moist and fluffy cake is sure to please. I love how easy it is to make, and how impressive it looks on a dessert table. I highly recommend trying this recipe out for yourself and sharing it with your loved ones.