Are you ready for fall? One of the best ways to welcome the cooler weather is by indulging in pumpkin recipes. And what better way to start than with a delicious pumpkin cream cheese spread? This recipe is easy to make and perfect for spreading on bagels, toast, or crackers. So, let’s get started!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Beat until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When ready to serve, spread on your favorite bread, bagel, or crackers.
This pumpkin cream cheese spread recipe yields approximately 12 servings. The nutritional information per serving is:
- Calories: 103
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Sodium: 138mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 1g
Preparation time for this pumpkin cream cheese spread recipe is approximately 10 minutes. Allow at least 30 minutes for refrigeration time before serving.
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer
- Covered container for refrigeration
This pumpkin cream cheese spread is perfect for breakfast or brunch. Spread it on a bagel or toast, or serve it with crackers as an appetizer. You can also use it as a dip for fruit or vegetables.
Here are a few variations to try:
- Add chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, for a crunchy texture.
- Add a drizzle of maple syrup for a sweeter taste.
- Substitute honey for brown sugar for a different flavor profile.
- Use pumpkin spice instead of pumpkin pie spice for a stronger spice flavor.
If you don’t have pumpkin puree, you can substitute with mashed sweet potato or butternut squash. You can also use a low-fat or fat-free cream cheese, but the texture may be slightly different.
Store any leftover pumpkin cream cheese spread in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened before beating it. This will prevent lumps in the spread.
- For a smoother texture, use a food processor to blend the ingredients.
- Adjust the spices to your taste. If you prefer a stronger pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin pie spice.
This pumpkin cream cheese spread recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I freeze pumpkin cream cheese spread?
We do not recommend freezing this spread as it can alter the texture and flavor.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
You can use fresh pumpkin, but you will need to roast it and puree it before adding it to the cream cheese.
Is this spread spicy?
No, this spread is not spicy. The pumpkin pie spice adds warmth and flavor, but it is not hot.
This pumpkin cream cheese spread is a deliciously creamy and flavorful treat that is perfect for fall. It’s easy to make, versatile, and packed with pumpkin spice goodness. We hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do!