Are you looking for a dessert that is easy to make and perfect for fall? Look no further than this pumpkin pie dessert with yellow cake mix! This recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also simple to make, and it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until well combined.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix evenly over the top of the pumpkin mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the top (if using).
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the filling is set.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Servings: 12 | Calories: 380 | Total Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 350mg | Carbohydrates: 53g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 38g | Protein: 5g
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 50-55 minutes | Total Time: 60-65 minutes
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
This pumpkin pie dessert with yellow cake mix is delicious on its own, but it’s even better with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Serve it warm for the ultimate fall dessert.
There are many ways to customize this recipe to suit your tastes. Here are a few ideas:
- Use a spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix for a more intense flavor.
- Add 1/2 cup of raisins or chopped dates to the pumpkin mixture for extra texture.
- Replace the chopped pecans with chopped walnuts or almonds.
- Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on top of the cake mix for a caramelized crunch.
If you don’t have all of the ingredients on hand, here are a few substitutions you can make:
- Instead of pumpkin puree, you can use sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree.
- If you don’t have evaporated milk, you can use heavy cream or half-and-half.
- Instead of granulated sugar, you can use brown sugar, honey, or maple syrup.
- If you don’t have yellow cake mix, you can use white cake mix or spice cake mix.
This pumpkin pie dessert with yellow cake mix can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply microwave individual servings for 20-30 seconds or until warm.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling, for this recipe.
- If you want a more pronounced pumpkin flavor, you can add an extra 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree to the mixture.
- If you don’t have chopped pecans, you can leave them out or use a different type of nut.
This pumpkin pie dessert with yellow cake mix is a great dessert to make for Thanksgiving or any fall gathering. It’s easy to make, and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use any type of cake mix you like. Just keep in mind that it will change the flavor of the dessert.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe a day ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. To reheat, simply microwave individual servings for 20-30 seconds or until warm.
Can I freeze this dessert?
Yes, you can freeze this dessert for up to a month. To reheat, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then microwave individual servings for 20-30 seconds or until warm.
This pumpkin pie dessert with yellow cake mix is one of my favorite fall desserts. It’s so easy to make, and it tastes amazing. I love the combination of the pumpkin filling and the cake mix topping. The chopped pecans add a nice crunch, but you can leave them out if you prefer. Overall, this is a delicious dessert that is perfect for any fall gathering.
This pumpkin pie dessert with yellow cake mix is a delicious and easy recipe that is perfect for fall. It’s made with pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and a box of yellow cake mix. The cake mix is sprinkled over the top of the pumpkin mixture, and then melted butter and chopped pecans are added. The dessert is baked until golden brown and then served warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. It’s a crowd-pleaser that is sure to impress your family and friends.
So what are you waiting for? Try this pumpkin pie dessert with yellow cake mix today!