If you’re a fan of pumpkin spice, you’re going to love these muffins! This recipe is perfect for anyone following Weight Watchers, as each muffin is only a few points. They’re also incredibly easy to make, so you can whip up a batch in no time. Here’s everything you need to know to make these delicious pumpkin spice cake mix muffins.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and water until well combined.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners, and fill each liner about 3/4 full with the muffin batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for a few minutes in the tin, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Each muffin is only 4 Weight Watchers points, and contains:
- Calories: 155
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fat: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
These muffins take about 25 minutes to bake, and can be made in about 10 minutes prep time.
- Muffin tin
- Paper liners
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
These muffins are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
If you want to mix things up, try adding some chopped nuts or raisins to the muffin batter. You could also top the muffins with a streusel topping before baking.
If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice instead. You could also substitute applesauce for the pumpkin puree.
These muffins will keep for a few days in an airtight container at room temperature, or you can freeze them for longer storage.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- If you don’t have paper liners, you can grease the muffin tin instead.
- Don’t overfill the muffin cups, or the batter will spill over the edges.
If you’re not following Weight Watchers, you can still enjoy these muffins! They’re a healthier option than traditional muffins, but they’re still delicious.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use a spice cake mix or a white cake mix instead of yellow.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes, but you’ll need to cook and puree the pumpkin first. Canned pumpkin is much easier!
Can I make these muffins without a muffin tin?
You could try making them in a mini loaf pan or a cake pan instead, but the cooking time and yield will be different.
As an AI language model, I don’t have personal thoughts, but I can tell you that these muffins are delicious! They’re moist, fluffy, and full of pumpkin spice flavor. I love that they’re a healthier option than traditional muffins, and they’re perfect for a fall breakfast or snack. Give them a try and see for yourself!