Are you a fan of ranch dressing and looking for a unique way to incorporate it into your baking? Look no further than this ranch to table walnut cake recipe! This recipe is perfect for those who love a savory twist on their desserts. Who says cakes have to be sweet?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate larger bowl, beat together the eggs, ranch dressing, milk, and vegetable oil.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and placing it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 3g
- Medium-sized bowl
- Large bowl
- Mixing spoon or electric mixer
- 9-inch cake pan
- Wire rack
This cake is delicious plain, but can also be served with a dollop of whipped cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce for added sweetness.
If you’re not a fan of walnuts, you can substitute them for pecans or almonds. You can also add in some chocolate chips for a fun twist!
If you don’t have ranch dressing on hand, you can substitute it for sour cream or Greek yogurt.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Make sure to grease your cake pan well to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing to prevent it from falling apart.
- For added texture, toast the walnuts before adding them to the batter.
This recipe yields one 9-inch cake.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this cake gluten-free?
Yes! You can substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to check that all of your other ingredients are also gluten-free.
Can I use a different type of dressing?
Yes! You can experiment with different dressings to find the flavor that you like best. We recommend trying it with Caesar dressing for a fun twist!
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this cake up to 2 days in advance and store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
This ranch to table walnut cake has quickly become one of my favorite desserts to make. It’s incredibly easy to whip up, and the combination of savory ranch dressing and crunchy walnuts is absolutely delicious. I love how versatile this recipe is, and how you can easily switch up the flavors based on your preferences. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!