The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious eggnog bundt cake? This recipe is perfect for those who love the rich, creamy flavor of eggnog and want to enjoy it in a new and exciting way. So, grab your apron and let’s get baking!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup bourbon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the eggnog, bourbon (if using), and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes before removing it from the pan and cooling it completely on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 slice
Saturated Fat: 8g
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 45-50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Bundt cake pan
- Stand mixer or handheld mixer
- Medium bowl
This eggnog bundt cake is perfect for holiday parties, potlucks, or even as a dessert for Christmas dinner. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg for an extra festive touch.
If you want to switch things up a bit, try adding some chopped nuts or dried fruit to the batter. You could also top the cake with a glaze made from eggnog and powdered sugar for an extra sweet treat.
If you don’t have eggnog on hand, you can substitute it with whole milk or heavy cream. If you want to make the cake alcohol-free, simply omit the bourbon.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Be sure to grease and flour your bundt cake pan well to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overmix the batter or the cake may become tough.
- If you’re not a fan of bourbon, you can substitute it with rum or simply omit it altogether.
This recipe makes a 10-cup bundt cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this cake up to a day in advance. Store it in an airtight container at room temperature.
Can I freeze this cake?
Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 3 months. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in a freezer-safe container.
Can I use store-bought eggnog?
Yes, you can use store-bought eggnog in this recipe. Just be sure to use a high-quality brand for the best flavor.
This eggnog bundt cake is the perfect holiday treat for anyone who loves the rich, creamy flavor of eggnog. The addition of bourbon gives it a little kick, but you can easily omit it if you prefer. The cake is moist and tender, and the flavors are perfectly balanced. I love serving it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg for an extra festive touch. Give this recipe a try and impress your friends and family with your baking skills!