Fall is here and it’s time to try out some delicious pumpkin recipes. If you’re a fan of pumpkin and cake, then this recipe for pumpkin dump cake with yellow cake mix is perfect for you. It’s easy to make and requires minimal effort, making it a great dessert for any occasion. Plus, it’s a crowd-pleaser, so you can impress your guests with this delicious dessert. Let’s get started!
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture.
- Pour the melted butter over the cake mix, covering as much of the mixture as possible.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Serving size: 1/12 of the recipe
- Calories: 535
- Total fat: 34g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 542mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 54g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 40g
- Protein: 5g
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50-60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Large mixing bowl
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing spoon
This pumpkin dump cake with yellow cake mix is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an extra treat.
You can add a layer of cream cheese on top of the pumpkin mixture before adding the cake mix for a creamier texture.
- You can use a spice cake mix instead of yellow cake mix for a spicier flavor.
- If you’re not a fan of pecans, you can use walnuts or almonds instead.
This pumpkin dump cake with yellow cake mix can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure to grease your baking dish well to prevent sticking.
- If you don’t have a 9×13 inch baking dish, you can use a 9×9 inch baking dish instead, but you may need to adjust the baking time.
- You can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it.
This recipe is easy to customize to your taste preferences. You can add more or less sugar and spices to suit your taste.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make this recipe without nuts?
Yes, you can omit the nuts if you’re not a fan or if you have an allergy.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned. Just make sure to cook and puree the pumpkin before using it in the recipe.
Can I freeze this recipe?
This recipe is not recommended for freezing, as the texture may change when thawed.
This pumpkin dump cake with yellow cake mix is one of my favorite fall desserts. It’s so easy to make and always turns out delicious. The combination of pumpkin and cake is perfect, and the pecans add a nice crunch. I love serving it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for an extra treat. I highly recommend trying this recipe out for yourself!