Are you looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe that will impress your friends and family? Look no further! This recipe using spice cake mix and pumpkin pie filling is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy flavors that will leave your taste buds begging for more. Not only is it easy to make, but it also requires minimal ingredients and can be ready in no time. So, let’s get started!
– 1 box spice cake mix – 1 can pumpkin pie filling – 3 eggs – 1/2 cup vegetable oil – 1/2 cup water – 1 tsp cinnamon – 1/2 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the spice cake mix, pumpkin pie filling, eggs, vegetable oil, water, cinnamon, and nutmeg. 3. Mix everything together until well combined and the batter is smooth. 4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out the top with a spatula. 5. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 6. Once done, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
– Serving size: 1 slice – Calories: 280 – Total Fat: 13g – Saturated Fat: 2g – Cholesterol: 41mg – Sodium: 339mg – Total Carbohydrates: 38g – Fiber: 2g – Sugar: 23g – Protein: 3g
– Preparation time: 10 minutes – Cooking time: 35-40 minutes – Total time: 45-50 minutes
– Large mixing bowl – 9×13 inch baking dish – Oven
– Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top. – Dust with powdered sugar and cinnamon for an extra touch of sweetness.
– Substitute the spice cake mix with chocolate cake mix for a chocolate pumpkin cake. – Add chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter for some crunch. – Mix in some chocolate chips or white chocolate chips for an extra burst of flavor.
– You can use any brand of spice cake mix or pumpkin pie filling that you prefer. – If you don’t have vegetable oil, you can use canola oil or melted butter instead. – If you don’t have cinnamon or nutmeg, you can use pumpkin pie spice instead.
– Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
– Make sure to grease your baking dish well to prevent sticking. – Don’t overmix the batter, or the cake may become tough. – Let the cake cool for a few minutes before slicing, or it may fall apart.
– This recipe is perfect for fall and winter holidays, such as Thanksgiving and Christmas. – You can also make this recipe in cupcake form for individual servings.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of pumpkin pie filling? A: Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin, but you will need to add additional spices and sugar to achieve the same flavor as the pumpkin pie filling. Q: Can I make this recipe without eggs? A: Yes, you can substitute the eggs with applesauce or mashed bananas, but the texture and flavor may be slightly different. Q: Can I freeze this cake? A: Yes, you can freeze this cake for up to 2 months. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil, then thaw it in the refrigerator before serving.
This recipe using spice cake mix and pumpkin pie filling is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s easy to make, requires minimal ingredients, and tastes absolutely delicious. The combination of sweet and spicy flavors is sure to impress your friends and family, and it’s a great way to use up any leftover pumpkin pie filling. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and see for yourself how amazing it tastes!