Who doesn’t love a good slice of banana cake? It’s moist, flavorful, and the perfect dessert for any occasion. But have you ever tried adding ricotta cheese to the mix? Trust us, it takes this classic dessert to a whole new level. In this blog post, we’ll share our recipe for ricotta banana cake, complete with ingredient lists, step-by-step instructions, and tips for making it your own. So, grab your apron and let’s get baking!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the mashed bananas, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
Here’s the approximate nutritional information for one serving of our ricotta banana cake (based on 10 servings):
- Calories: 265
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Sodium: 175mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 35g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 19g
- Protein: 4g
The total cooking time for our ricotta banana cake is approximately 35-40 minutes.
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Mixing bowls
- Mixer (optional)
- Toothpick (for testing doneness)
Our ricotta banana cake is delicious on its own, but here are a few serving suggestions to make it even better:
- Add a dollop of whipped cream on top
- Serve with a side of fresh fruit
- Drizzle with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce
Want to switch things up a bit? Here are a few variations on our ricotta banana cake recipe:
- Add a cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the batter for some extra crunch
- Use brown sugar instead of granulated sugar for a deeper, richer flavor
- Drizzle the cake with a lemon glaze for a tangy twist
If you’re missing an ingredient, here are a few substitutions you can try:
- Butter: You can use margarine or coconut oil instead of butter
- Ricotta cheese: Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt can be used as a substitute
- Bananas: If you don’t have ripe bananas, you can use unsweetened applesauce instead
Our ricotta banana cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure your butter is softened before starting the recipe
- Don’t overmix the batter or the cake will be tough
- Use a toothpick to test the doneness of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready
This recipe makes a 9-inch round cake. If you want to make a larger cake, double the ingredients and use a larger cake pan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few common questions we get about our ricotta banana cake recipe:
- Can I use frozen bananas for this recipe?
- Yes, you can use frozen bananas. Just make sure to thaw them before mashing.
- Can I freeze this cake?
- Yes, you can freeze this cake. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Can I use a different type of cheese?
- Yes, you can use a different type of cheese. Cream cheese or mascarpone would work well in this recipe.
Our ricotta banana cake is the perfect dessert for any occasion. It’s moist, flavorful, and has a unique twist thanks to the addition of ricotta cheese. Whether you’re serving it at a party or enjoying a slice with your morning coffee, we guarantee it will be a hit. So, what are you waiting for? Try our recipe today and let us know what you think!