Are you tired of the same old boring rice dishes? Spice up your mealtime with Riz a Lespagnole Marmiton, a tasty Spanish rice recipe that will transport your taste buds to the sunny beaches of Spain. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a family dinner or a potluck with friends. And the best part? It’s super easy to make!
- 1 cup of long-grain white rice
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion, green bell pepper, and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rice to the skillet and stir to coat with the vegetables and oil. Cook for about 2 minutes or until the rice is lightly browned.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, paprika, cumin, and salt to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet with a lid.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let it sit covered for about 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
One serving of Riz a Lespagnole Marmiton contains approximately:
- Calories: 234
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 710mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 40g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Riz a Lespagnole Marmiton takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
- Large skillet
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden spoon or spatula
Riz a Lespagnole Marmiton is a versatile dish that can be served as a side dish or a main course. It pairs well with grilled meats, seafood, or vegetables. For a complete meal, serve with a salad or bread.
For a vegetarian version, substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth. You can also add other vegetables such as corn, peas, or carrots to the recipe.
If you don’t have long-grain white rice, you can use brown rice or basmati rice instead. You can also substitute canned tomatoes with fresh tomatoes or tomato sauce.
Riz a Lespagnole Marmiton can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.
- Make sure to fluff the rice with a fork after cooking to prevent it from becoming sticky.
- If the rice is still undercooked after 20 minutes, add a little bit of extra broth or water and continue cooking until tender.
- You can also add a pinch of saffron to the recipe for an extra burst of flavor.
This recipe is adapted from the French cooking website Marmiton. It has been modified to include Spanish flavors and ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
Yes, you can use brown rice instead of white rice. Just keep in mind that brown rice takes longer to cook, so you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can make this recipe in advance and reheat it before serving. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Can I freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can freeze Riz a Lespagnole Marmiton for up to 3 months. Just make sure to store it in a freezer-safe container and thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.
Riz a Lespagnole Marmiton is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends. With its bold Spanish flavors and fluffy rice, it’s the perfect side dish or main course for any occasion. So why not give it a try and transport your taste buds to the sunny beaches of Spain?