Are you tired of the same old salmon dishes? Well, here’s a recipe that will change your mind! These salmon cakes by Ina Garten are a delightful twist on traditional salmon recipes. They are easy to make and will leave your taste buds craving more.
- 1 lb. fresh salmon
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let the salmon cool and then flake it with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix together the Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Add the flaked salmon and breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix well.
- Form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
These salmon cakes are packed with protein and healthy fats. Each serving contains approximately 200 calories, 15g of fat, and 12g of protein.
The salmon cakes take approximately 30 minutes to prepare and cook.
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
These salmon cakes are great served with a side salad or roasted vegetables. You can also serve them on a bun with tartar sauce for a delicious sandwich.
You can add additional spices or herbs to the salmon cake mixture such as dill or parsley. You can also substitute the breadcrumbs for panko breadcrumbs or crushed crackers.
If you don’t have fresh salmon, you can use canned salmon instead. You can also substitute the mayonnaise for Greek yogurt or sour cream.
You can store the leftover salmon cakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Be sure to let the salmon cool before flaking it with a fork.
- Wet your hands before forming the salmon cakes to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Don’t overcrowd the pan when cooking the salmon cakes to ensure they cook evenly.
This recipe makes 8 salmon cakes.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use canned salmon instead of fresh salmon?
Yes, you can use canned salmon instead of fresh salmon.
Can I freeze the salmon cakes?
Yes, you can freeze the salmon cakes before or after cooking them. Be sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Can I use a different type of fish?
Yes, you can use a different type of fish such as tuna or cod.
My Personal Thoughts:
These salmon cakes by Ina Garten are a delicious and easy way to switch up your salmon game. I love how simple they are to make and how flavorful they turn out. They are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or as a party appetizer. I highly recommend giving this recipe a try!
In summary, these salmon cakes by Ina Garten are a must-try for any salmon lover. They are easy to make, packed with flavor, and can be customized to your liking. Whether you serve them as a main dish or an appetizer, they are sure to be a hit. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – your taste buds will thank you!