Are you looking for a yummy treat that’s easy to make and perfect for any occasion? Look no further than Sandy’s Banana Bread Recipe! This recipe is perfect for breakfast, snack time or even as a dessert. It’s so delicious that it will surely become a household favorite in no time.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas and melted butter.
- Add baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool down before slicing and serving.
Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of the loaf)
- Calories: 180
- Total fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 170mg
- Total carbohydrates: 32g
- Dietary fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 3g
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
- Mixing bowl
- Loaf pan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spoon or spatula
This banana bread is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s perfect to serve for breakfast, snack time or even as a dessert after dinner.
You can add nuts, chocolate chips or even dried fruit to this recipe to make it your own. Simply fold them in before pouring the batter into the loaf pan.
If you don’t have all-purpose flour, you can use whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour instead. You can also substitute the sugar with honey or maple syrup.
Store this banana bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. To keep it fresh longer, store it in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Use ripe bananas for the best flavor.
- Make sure to let the banana bread cool down before slicing it.
- You can also use a toothpick to check if the bread is done.
This recipe makes one 4×8-inch loaf, which yields 12 slices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen bananas?
Yes, you can use frozen bananas, but make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid before using them in the recipe.
Can I use a different size loaf pan?
You can use a 9×5-inch loaf pan, but you may need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Can I use oil instead of butter?
Yes, you can use vegetable oil or coconut oil instead of butter.
Sandy’s Banana Bread Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that’s perfect for any occasion. It’s moist, flavorful and the perfect way to use up those overripe bananas. Whether you serve it for breakfast, snack time or even as a dessert, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and enjoy the deliciousness!