Nothing screams fall like a warm, spiced pumpkin pie. This classic dessert is a staple at Thanksgiving dinners and is perfect for any autumnal occasion. If you’re looking for a delicious and easy pumpkin pie recipe, look no further than this Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe Bon Appetit. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, you can create a pie that will be the talk of the season!
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Place your pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center of the pie is set.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Serving Size: 1 slice
Total Fat: 20g
Saturated Fat: 10g
Total Carbohydrates: 31g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
This Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe Bon Appetit takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare and 45-50 minutes to bake.
- 9-inch pie dish
- Large mixing bowl
Serve your Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe Bon Appetit with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. You can also serve it alongside a cup of hot apple cider for the ultimate fall dessert experience.
For a twist on the classic recipe, you can add a streusel topping or a layer of pecans on top of the pie before baking. You can also use a graham cracker crust instead of a traditional pie crust.
If you don’t have heavy cream, you can use half-and-half or whole milk instead. You can also substitute the brown sugar for granulated sugar or honey.
Store your Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe Bon Appetit in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months.
- Make sure to let your pie cool completely before serving. This will help it set and make it easier to slice.
- If you’re using a homemade pie crust, make sure to blind bake it before adding the filling.
- For a smoother filling, you can strain the pumpkin mixture before pouring it into the crust.
This recipe makes one 9-inch pie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this pie ahead of time?
Yes! You can make this pie up to 2 days in advance and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin instead of canned. Just make sure to roast and puree the pumpkin before using it in the recipe.
Can I use a different type of crust?
Yes, you can use a different type of crust if you prefer. A graham cracker crust would be a delicious alternative.
This Spiced Pumpkin Pie Recipe Bon Appetit is a fall favorite in my household. It’s easy to make and always turns out delicious. The combination of warm spices and creamy pumpkin filling is irresistible. I love serving it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. This recipe is sure to become a staple in your fall dessert rotation!