Pumpkin pie is a quintessential dessert for Thanksgiving and Christmas festivities. However, the use of pumpkin pie spice in the recipe can be a hindrance for those who don’t have it on hand or are allergic to it. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with some simple substitutes to make your Libby’s Pumpkin Pie recipe just as delicious without the spice mix.
– 1 can (15 oz) of Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin – 1 can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk – 2 large eggs – 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust – 1 tsp ground cinnamon – ½ tsp ground ginger – ¼ tsp ground nutmeg – ¼ tsp ground cloves – ½ tsp allspice
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. 2. Mix the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice in a small bowl. 3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. 4. Stir in the pumpkin and spice mixture. 5. Gradually stir in the sweetened condensed milk. 6. Pour the mixture into the pie crust. 7. Bake for 15 minutes. 8. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. 9. Let the pie cool before serving.
– Calories: 330 – Total Fat: 14g – Saturated Fat: 6g – Cholesterol: 65mg – Sodium: 220mg – Total Carbohydrate: 44g – Dietary Fiber: 2g – Sugars: 30g – Protein: 7g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
– Large mixing bowl – Small mixing bowl – 9-inch pie dish – Oven
Serve this delicious pumpkin pie with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Top it off with some chopped nuts for an added crunch.
– For a vegan version, use a vegan pastry crust and replace the condensed milk with coconut milk. – Add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup for a sweeter taste. – Use pumpkin pie spice if you have it on hand.
– Use 1 tsp of apple pie spice instead of the individual spices. – Replace the ground cinnamon with 1 tsp of vanilla extract. – Substitute the ground ginger with fresh ginger or crystallized ginger. – Swap the ground nutmeg with mace or cardamom.
Store leftover pumpkin pie in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep it fresh.
– Use a fork to prick the bottom of the pie crust before baking to prevent it from puffing up. – Bake the pie on the lowest rack of the oven to ensure the bottom crust is fully cooked. – Use a toothpick to check if the pie is cooked all the way through.
– Don’t be afraid to experiment with different spice combinations to find the perfect one for you. – Make sure to let the pie cool before cutting it to prevent it from falling apart. – This recipe is perfect for those who are allergic to pumpkin pie spice or don’t have it on hand.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned? Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin instead of canned. However, you will need to cook and puree the pumpkin first. Can I make the pie crust from scratch? Yes, you can make the pie crust from scratch. However, it will add extra preparation time. Can I freeze the pie? Yes, you can freeze the pie for up to 2 months. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing.
This pumpkin pie recipe is a great alternative for those who don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand or are allergic to it. The combination of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice adds a delicious flavor to the pie. Don’t hesitate to experiment with different spice combinations to find your perfect mix.
As an AI language model, I do not have personal thoughts or opinions. However, I can say that this recipe is a great way to enjoy a classic dessert without the use of pumpkin pie spice. The combination of spices adds a delicious flavor to the pie, making it perfect for any fall or winter occasion. Give it a try and see for yourself how delicious it is!