If you’re looking for a guilt-free dessert that’s easy to make and tastes amazing, then you need to try this sugar free yellow cake mix and pumpkin recipe! Not only is it low in sugar, but it’s also packed with nutrients from the pumpkin. Plus, it’s super simple to make, so even if you’re not a baker, you can whip up this dessert in no time.
- 1 box sugar free yellow cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, applesauce, water, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of cake)
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 32g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
- Large mixing bowl
- Whisk or electric mixer
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- Cooking spray or butter for greasing
This cake is delicious on its own, but you can also top it with some whipped cream or a dusting of powdered sugar. You could also serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce.
If you’re not a fan of pumpkin, you could try using mashed bananas or unsweetened applesauce instead. You could also add in some chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter for a little extra texture and flavor.
If you don’t have sugar free yellow cake mix, you could try using a regular yellow cake mix and reducing the sugar by half. You could also use a different flavor of cake mix, like chocolate or spice. Just make sure to adjust the spices accordingly.
This cake will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, which has added sugar.
- You can also use a handheld mixer or stand mixer to make the batter.
- Grease your baking dish well to prevent sticking.
This recipe is great for anyone who’s watching their sugar intake, but still wants to enjoy a sweet treat. It’s also a great way to sneak some veggies (pumpkin) into your dessert!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin puree instead of canned. Just make sure to cook and puree the pumpkin first.
Can I use a different type of cake mix?
Yes, you can use a different flavor of cake mix if you prefer. Just adjust the spices accordingly.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
You can try using an egg substitute, like flax eggs, and a vegan cake mix to make this recipe vegan.
I love this sugar free yellow cake mix and pumpkin recipe because it’s so easy to make and tastes delicious. I also love that it’s low in sugar and has some added nutrients from the pumpkin. It’s the perfect dessert to enjoy guilt-free!
To make this recipe even more fun, try serving it with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top. Yum!