Are you looking for a dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests? Look no further than this Sundrop Pound Cake recipe. This classic Southern treat is easy to make and bursting with flavor, making it perfect for any occasion.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Sundrop soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the Sundrop soda, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (25 cm) tube pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving size: 1 slice
Saturated fat: 9g
1 hour and 30 minutes
- 10-inch (25 cm) tube pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wire rack
This Sundrop Pound Cake is delicious on its own, but it also pairs well with fresh fruit or a dollop of whipped cream. Serve it for dessert at your next family gathering or potluck.
If you want to switch things up, try adding a teaspoon of lemon or almond extract to the batter. You could also top the cake with a glaze made from powdered sugar and Sundrop soda.
If you don’t have Sundrop soda, you can use another citrus soda like Sprite or 7Up. You could also try using lemon-lime soda or orange soda for a different flavor.
You can store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Make sure your butter is softened before you begin mixing the batter.
- Grease and flour your tube pan to prevent the cake from sticking.
- Don’t overmix the batter or the cake may become tough.
This recipe makes a large cake, so make sure you have plenty of people to share it with. It’s perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, or any time you want to impress your guests.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I use a different type of pan?
You can use a bundt pan or two 9-inch (23 cm) loaf pans instead of a tube pan, but the cooking time may vary.
Can I use diet soda?
You can use diet soda, but keep in mind that it may affect the texture and flavor of the cake.
Can I use salted butter?
You can use salted butter, but you may want to reduce the amount of salt in the recipe.
This Sundrop Pound Cake recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves sweet, citrusy desserts. It’s easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. The combination of Sundrop soda and vanilla extract creates a unique flavor that you won’t find in any other pound cake recipe. So why not give it a try for your next special occasion or family gathering? Your taste buds will thank you!