Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini Recipe: A Delicious and Crispy Delight
If you’re a fan of crispy, flavorful zucchini, then you’re in for a treat with Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini recipe. This delectable dish is a beloved specialty at Tambellini’s on Seventh Street in Pittsburgh, PA. From the moment you take your first bite, you’ll be hooked on the perfect blend of crunchy breading and tender zucchini. Join us as we delve into the secrets of this irresistible recipe and explore how you can recreate it in your own kitchen.
Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini Recipe Overview
If you’re looking for a mouthwatering appetizer or a satisfying side dish, Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini is a perfect choice. This recipe combines fresh zucchini with a crispy coating that’s seasoned to perfection. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a plateful of golden-brown zucchini slices that will impress even the pickiest eaters.
The key ingredients for Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini recipe include zucchini, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. These ingredients come together to form a tantalizingly crispy and flavorful coating that enhances the natural sweetness of the zucchini.
First, the zucchini is sliced into thin rounds or spears. Then, it is lightly coated in flour, dipped in beaten eggs, and finally coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper. The zucchini is then deep-fried until golden brown and crispy. The result is a delightful appetizer or side dish that can satisfy any craving.
- Parmesan cheese
- Slice the zucchini into thin rounds or spears.
- Lightly coat the zucchini in flour.
- Dip the zucchini in beaten eggs.
- Coat the zucchini in a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Deep-fry the coated zucchini until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the fryer and drain excess oil on paper towels.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Calories: XX
- Fat: XXg
- Carbohydrates: XXg
- Protein: XXg
Cooking Time & Servings:
The cooking time for Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini is approximately XX minutes. This recipe yields 4 servings, making it perfect for a small gathering or a delightful snack.
To make Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini, you will need the following kitchen equipment:
- Frying pan or deep fryer
- Bowls for dipping and coating
- Paper towels for draining
Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini is perfect as an appetizer, side dish, or even a main course. Serve it alongside marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or aioli for dipping. For a complete meal, pair it with a fresh salad, grilled chicken, or pasta. You can also get creative with plating by garnishing the dish with fresh herbs or a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
While Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini recipe is already irresistibly delicious, there are a few ways you can customize it to suit your taste. Here are some variation ideas to explore:
- Spicy Zucchini: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili flakes to the breadcrumb mixture for a kick of heat.
- Cheesy Zucchini Bites: Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the zucchini slices before frying for a gooey and indulgent twist.
- Herb-infused Coating: Mix dried herbs like oregano, thyme, or basil into the breadcrumb mixture to add an extra layer of flavor.
If you have dietary preferences or restrictions, you can make substitutions in the recipe. Here are some suitable alternatives:
- Gluten-free version: Use gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs.
- Vegetarian version: Omit the Parmesan cheese or use a vegetarian alternative.
To maintain the freshness and flavor of Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini, store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat the zucchini in the oven or toaster oven to maintain its crispiness.
- Make sure to pat the zucchini slices dry before coating them to prevent excess moisture.
- For an extra crispy coating, double-dip the zucchini in the egg and breadcrumb mixture.
- Do not overcrowd the frying pan or deep fryer to ensure even frying.
- Serve the fried zucchini immediately to enjoy it at its crunchiest.
- For a refreshing twist, squeeze lemon juice over the fried zucchini before serving.
- Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini is perfect for parties or gatherings.
- Experiment with different dipping sauces to find your favorite combination.
- This recipe brings out the best flavors of zucchini, making it a family favorite.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I bake the zucchini instead of frying it?
A: While frying gives the zucchini its signature crispy texture, you can bake it in the oven for a healthier alternative. Simply coat the zucchini in breadcrumbs and bake at 400°F for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Q: Can I use yellow squash instead of zucchini?
A: Yes, yellow squash can be substituted for zucchini in this recipe. The flavor and texture will be slightly different, but it will still be delicious.
Q: How long do the leftovers stay fresh?
A: The fried zucchini can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat it in the oven to maintain its crispiness.
Q: Can I freeze the fried zucchini?
A: While it’s best to enjoy the fried zucchini fresh, you can freeze any leftovers for up to 2 months. Reheat them in the oven to regain their original texture.
Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini can be categorized as: Italian, Appetizers, Vegetables, Deep-fried, Summer
To sum it up, Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini recipe is a delightful combination of crispy breading and tender zucchini. With its easy preparation and irresistible flavor, this dish is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a party, looking for a delicious appetizer, or simply craving a flavorful side dish, Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini will not disappoint. Don’t wait any longer; give this recipe a try and experience the crunchy bliss of Tambellini’s famous zucchini!
So what are you waiting for? Don’t miss out on the chance to enjoy Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini in the comfort of your own home. Get creative and add your personal touch to this crowd-pleasing recipe. And remember, the joy of cooking is not only in the delicious flavors but also in the process, so have fun and savor every moment as you prepare this mouthwatering dish.
We hope you enjoyed this blog post and found inspiration to try Tambellini’s Fried Zucchini recipe. We love hearing from our readers, so please feel free to share your experiences, feedback, and suggestions. Thank you for your time, and we hope you enjoy preparing and savoring this delectable dish!
“Food is not rational. Food is culture, habit, craving, and identity.” – Jonathan Safran Foer