It’s that time of the year again, when the air is filled with the sweet smell of gingerbread and the sound of carols. The holiday season is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious treat that will bring warmth and joy to your heart? That’s right, we’re talking about the lost yule log WPIX! This festive dessert is a must-have for any holiday feast, and we’re here to share with you a recipe that will make your taste buds dance with delight.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared jelly roll pan and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a flat surface and dust it with powdered sugar. Carefully invert the cake onto the parchment paper and remove the parchment paper from the bottom of the cake.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the top of the cake in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips, butter, and heavy cream in the microwave or over a double boiler, stirring until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the whipped cream layer and spread it out evenly with a spatula.
- Carefully roll the cake from the short end, using the parchment paper to guide the roll. Transfer to a serving platter and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Each slice of the lost yule log WPIX contains approximately:
- Calories: 290
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 180mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 21g
- Protein: 4g
The lost yule log WPIX takes approximately 30 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to bake.
- 10×15 inch jelly roll pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium bowl
- Large bowl
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Small bowl
- Microwave or double boiler
- Serving platter
The lost yule log WPIX is best served with a cup of hot cocoa or eggnog. You can also top it with whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder or powdered sugar for an extra festive touch.
You can customize the lost yule log WPIX by adding different flavors to the whipped cream filling or using different types of chocolate for the ganache. Some popular variations include:
- Peppermint whipped cream
- Cinnamon whipped cream
- Dark chocolate ganache
- White chocolate ganache
- Milk chocolate ganache
If you don’t have all the ingredients on hand, here are some substitutions you can make:
- Whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour for all-purpose flour
- Coconut oil or melted butter for vegetable oil
- Almond milk or soy milk for milk
- Maple syrup or honey for granulated sugar
- Dark chocolate chips for semi-sweet chocolate chips
The lost yule log WPIX can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 1 month, but be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil to prevent freezer burn.
- Make sure your eggs are at room temperature before using them in the recipe.
- Don’t overmix the batter, as this will result in a dense cake.
- When rolling the cake, use the parchment paper to help you create a tight roll.
- Dust the parchment paper with powdered sugar before rolling the cake to prevent it from sticking.
The lost yule log WPIX is a traditional holiday dessert that originated in France. It is also known as a Bûche de Noël, which translates to “Christmas log.” The cake is typically decorated with meringue mushrooms, holly leaves, and powdered sugar to resemble a log.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions that people ask about the lost yule log WPIX:
- What is the history of the lost yule log WPIX?
- What is the difference between a Bûche de Noël and a Swiss roll?
- Can I make the lost yule log WPIX ahead of time?
- How do I prevent the cake from cracking when I roll it?
Now that you know all there is to know about the lost yule log WPIX, it’s time to get baking! This festive treat is sure to be a hit at your holiday gathering, and it’s a fun activity to do with your family and friends. So put on your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s get started!
In summary, the lost yule log WPIX is a delicious and festive dessert that is perfect for the holiday season. With a moist chocolate cake, fluffy whipped cream filling, and rich chocolate ganache, it’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you serve it at a party or enjoy it at home with your loved ones, it’s a treat that will bring joy to your holidays.