Are you ready to embark on a delicious mission impossible? Look no further than this Tom Cruise cake recipe! This dessert is a tribute to the legendary actor who never fails to dazzle us with his performances. Just like Tom Cruise, this cake is a showstopper, with its moist layers, creamy frosting, and irresistible flavor. So, let’s put on our aprons and get ready to bake!
For the cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
For the frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans. 2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. 3. Add the buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. 4. Stir in the boiling water. The batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans. 5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. 6. To make the frosting, beat the butter until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on low speed until combined, then increase to high and beat for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. 7. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Spread frosting on top. Add the second layer and spread frosting on top and sides of cake. 8. Decorate with extra frosting or chocolate shavings if desired.
This cake is definitely not diet-friendly, but it’s worth every calorie! The nutritional information per serving is as follows: Calories: 600 Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 95mg Sodium: 470mg Carbohydrates: 81g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 63g Protein: 5g
This cake takes about 45 minutes to make, including baking time.
You’ll need two 9-inch cake pans, a large mixing bowl, an electric mixer, and a wire rack.
This cake is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to movie nights. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk.
Feeling adventurous? Here are some variations you can try: – Add chopped nuts to the frosting for a crunchy texture. – Use different extracts, such as almond or peppermint, for a different flavor. – Replace the buttermilk with sour cream for a tangy taste.
Don’t have buttermilk on hand? No problem! You can substitute it with 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before using it in the recipe.
Store the cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
– Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together. – Don’t overmix the batter, or the cake will be tough. – Use a serrated knife to level the cake layers for a more professional look. – If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream. If it’s too thin, add more powdered sugar.
This recipe makes a two-layer cake, but you can easily double the recipe to make a four-layer cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I make this cake without cocoa powder? A: No, cocoa powder is an essential ingredient in this recipe. Q: Can I use a different type of oil? A: Yes, you can use any type of vegetable oil or even melted coconut oil. Q: Can I make the frosting ahead of time? A: Yes, you can make the frosting up to 2 days in advance and store it in the fridge. Let it come to room temperature before using it.
In conclusion, this Tom Cruise cake recipe is a must-try for any dessert lover. It’s easy to make, delicious, and sure to impress your guests. So, whether you’re a fan of the actor or simply looking for a decadent treat, give this recipe a try! And who knows, maybe Tom Cruise himself will show up at your doorstep to taste it!